Page 66 of 82 FirstFirst ... 16565758596061626364656667686970717273747576 ... LastLast

Thread: Today's Pets are Up

How is Dusky?😪 What caused the blockage? Must have been identifiable on x-ray; been there. Surgery for obstruction can cost anywhere from $700.00 up, depending on size and length of hospitalization.😞 Odd right off the vet set the highest fee possible; must be very complicated. Is it something that can be passed? Please give some him hugs and kisses...Sending prayers for Dusky.🙏🏼

Quote Originally Posted by tatsxxx11 View Post
    How is Dusky? What caused the blockage? Must have been identifiable on x-ray; been there. Surgery for obstruction can cost anywhere from $700.00 up, depending on size and length of hospitalization. Odd right off the vet set the highest fee possible; must be very complicated. Is it something that can be passed? Please give some him hugs and kisses...Sending prayers for Dusky.
    It turns out the x-rays were so poorly done, it was hard to tell anything. That is likely why they never sent them to the second vet they sent us to - who could not do the surgery and had no records of ever getting a call from them. (They also never sent them to us, though they said they would.)

The second vet sent us along to a third vet, all the way on the other side of New Hampshire. They took new tests, charged us $160, and said it would be $5-8000, due immediately. No payment plan, no flexibility, nothing. After they spoke to Kermit (he has a full vet tech education, just never got certified as he could not find a practice willing to have him for the "practicum" part years ago) he decided we would try to treat it ourselves. Dusky had mineral oil enemas, and some orally, then antibiotics, and he is much, much better every day. Less puking, actual pooping, but he is still on liquidified food, etc.

Thanks for the prayers - and he accepts all hugs and kisses gladly!

And it's been another busy, busy day - but I will updates the sites tonight for tomorrow.

Love you all!
    I've Been Frosted

Omigod, poor Dusky, and poor you!

We are praying and chanting and singing and dancing and purring, sending loads of love and hugs and kisses and warm healing energies to Dusky.

We're glad he is doing better, and here's hoping he's back in fine form very soon!

{{{{HUGS}}}}} and ~~~~PURRRS~~~~ and from Pat and Sparkler and Tinker
    Last edited by phesina; 02-21-2022 at 07:11 AM.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Today's Dog, and Cat of the Day are up! Pet is now, too!

Dusky is somewhat better, but still puking, so another trip to the vet will be necessary, poor pup.
    I've Been Frosted

Oh Karen, poor Dusky. What a run around with the vet...vets! Can't understand how they're unable to see on the x-ray what's causing the blockage, at least some idea of what it is, if it is something that can be passed. My Lab Jingles had a similar bout, vomiting and diarrhea. The vet showed me the x-ray and declared, "multiple foreign objects!" He could see a bird's skull, "gravel" and sand, small stick pieces. Luckily she didn't require surgery. Do you have any idea what Dusky may have gotten into, eaten? Is he a sock eater? Socks are the cause of many a blockage. Breaks my heart, no vet willing to do the surgery under a payment plan. Hoping and praying Dusky is doing better... Please give him a hug and kiss for me.

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Oh Karen, poor Dusky. What a run around with the vet...vets! Can't understand how they're unable to see on the x-ray what's causing the blockage, at least some idea of what it is, if it is something that can be passed. My Lab Jingles had a similar bout, vomiting and diarrhea. The vet showed me the x-ray and declared, "multiple foreign objects!" He could see a bird's skull, "gravel" and sand, small stick pieces. Luckily she didn't require surgery. Do you have any idea what Dusky may have gotten into, eaten? Is he a sock eater? Socks are the cause of many a blockage. Breaks my heart, no vet willing to do the surgery under a payment plan. Hoping and praying Dusky is doing better... Please give him a hug and kiss for me.
    He's not a sock eater - Lulu carries socks around, but just one dirty sock at a time.

It may be a piece of bone, or compacted hay - this started after he got into the offal from when we had to send Mr. Bean, the goat, to freezer camp. Kermit made a fire to dispose of the remains, but some of it did not burn all the way, and we think Dusky got into it. That's all we can guess, and currently cannot afford a follow-up x-ray. His energy level is back, he appears otherwise normal, but we still are keeping him on a liquid diet for now, until the issue either resolves itself or we get him to the vet again. And I will give him another hug from you. You would sooooo love him, you should come to visit someday!
    I've Been Frosted

Today's Dog, Cat and Pet of the Day are up!

Strong winds today, the day started warm but is getting colder as I watch the clouds race across the sky!
    I've Been Frosted

Sending more loving good wishes and hopes and prayers for dear Dusky.. I'm glad he is doing better and his energy level is back up.

Please give him a hug and kiss and some gentle pets for me. Sparkler and Tinker are sending Purrrrs.

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.

Quote Originally Posted by phesina View Post
    Sending more loving good wishes and hopes and prayers for dear Dusky.. I'm glad he is doing better and his energy level is back up.

Please give him a hug and kiss and some gentle pets for me. Sparkler and Tinker are sending Purrrrs.

Thank you - he is now been getting - on a vet friend's recommendation - Coca Cola, to help try to dissolve whatever the blockage remaining is.

and seems much more himself.
    I've Been Frosted

Yay!!! Wonderful to wake up to an encouraging update, Karen! All fingers and paws crossed for a full recovery! Back when I was a kid, it was common for docs to order syrup of Coca Cola for vomiting; all the pharmacies carried it. Not sure how it works, dissolving stuff. Makes you think perhaps we shouldn't be drinking it!

Until I get there, lol, give Dusky a hug and kiss for me!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Yay!!! Wonderful to wake up to an encouraging update, Karen! All fingers and paws crossed for a full recovery! Back when I was a kid, it was common for docs to order syrup of Coca Cola for vomiting; all the pharmacies carried it. Not sure how it works, dissolving stuff. Makes you think perhaps we shouldn't be drinking it!

Until I get there, lol, give Dusky a hug and kiss for me!
    Thanks Sandra, Pat and everyone.

Sorry to say I won't be updating the sites today - a busy day, as I think everyone was trying to get their postal business done ahead of the impending storm. And now I have to get home to do our own storm prep, too. But I will update the sites later tonight for tomorrow's honorees. I am sure you have all seen - and maybe experienced - the storm that's headed this way, but we have over a foot of snow forecast for tomorrow, and usually get more than is forecast up at the farm.
    I've Been Frosted

Best wishes to you and all in the path of the storm, that you stay safe and warm!

We're getting a bunch of snow from it tonight, not expected to be a huge amount right here.

And we're sending continuing loving good wishes and prayers and healing energies for Dusky.

Death thought about it.

Today's Dog , Cat and Pet of the Day are up! Snow continues falling down.
    I've Been Frosted

Today's Dog, Pet and Cat of the Day are up!
    Cold and some sun today, classic "days after the storm" beauty!
    I've Been Frosted

Today's Dog and Cat of the Day are up! And today's Pet is now, too!

Crazy busy day here at the Post Office!
    I've Been Frosted