Page 3 of 82 FirstFirst 1234567891011121353 ... LastLast

Thread: Today's Pets are Up

Another off day - tomorrow will get the pets up in the morning, so sorry everyone.

I am so sorry. But the new birds here at the farm are now in their new habitat, and I promise pictures when the light is better - it's a grey, rainy (cold rain) day today, and pretty dark.

They are shagga birds, and arrived more than a week ago, and were very sick when they arrived, so have spent all that time in their shipping boxes being medicated and tended to keep hem from dying.
    I've Been Frosted

Karen, I hope your birds are doing much better, with your excellent care. How many are there? We are sending loving good wishes, white light, and warm healing energies to them.

Shagga birds? I looked them up, because I hadn't heard of them before.

From Wikipedia:
    Also known as white eared pheasant (Crossoptilon crossoptilon). The indigenous people of Himalaya call it shagga, meaning snow fowl. Found in China, Qinghai, Sichuan, Yunnan, and Tibet, where it tends to inhabit mixed forests and can be found around Buddhist monasteries.

Are any (besides yours) to be found in North America? Were yours shipped all the way from Asia?

Best wishes to them and you all!

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

No, they are captive bred here in the US, but are an endangered species, and we need a permit to keep them. They are one of the birds Kermit studies. But because of where their native habitat is, they are well-adapted to winter in Vermont.
    I've Been Frosted

How interesting! Is Kermit an ornithologist?

I wish you and Kermit and the birds all the best. Looking forward to seeing photos!

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.

He is not an ornithologist, but studies bird behavioral psychology in specific species. So sorry the pets were posted mid-afternoon again today. I need to do better.
    I've Been Frosted

Today's Pet, Dog and Cat of the Day are finally up. It is so late in the day that they will also be tomorrow's featured pets, so no one gets a too-short time to have his or her Day of Fame. My apologies.

One of the new birds never recovered from the illness they arrived with. The others are doing well, but are still quarantined to keep the rest of the birds safe. We are having the poor deceased one necropsied. Sigh.
    I've Been Frosted

Dear Karen, I'm so sorry to learn about the loss of your bird. I know you gave him/her the very best care. My deepest sympathy to you all.

Sending loving good wishes and healing energies for the others, that they will be well and thriving soon.

Death thought about it.

In the fine tradition of the film "Groundhog Day" - today's pets are yesterday's pets, only they get a whole day this time! And Moday's pets will be up in the morning, reset time.

And in memory of Aunt Zha, share a good cup of tea with someone you love today. Or even coffee is you stir it with a table knife handle.

This was always Aunt Zha - Janet Smith's - birthday.
    I've Been Frosted

Today's Pets are up, sorry folks.
    I've Been Frosted

Today's Pets are up.
    I've Been Frosted

Sorry, today's Pet Dog and Cat are up.
    I've Been Frosted

So sorry so tardy, but today's Dog, Cat, and Pet of the Day are up.
    I've Been Frosted

Today's honorees are up, but so tardy, I will keep them up as tomorrow's Pet, Dog and Cat of the Day.

So sorry everyone.
    I've Been Frosted

Today's Pets are up, the day's storm apparently took folks by surprise, so roads were awful this morning, and the whole day got delayed. A are safe and sound, though.
    I've Been Frosted

Sorry, today's pets have been up for a while, just didn't post about it here.
    I've Been Frosted