Page 26 of 82 FirstFirst ... 16171819202122232425262728293031323334353676 ... LastLast

Thread: Today's Pets are Up

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    Today's Dog, Cat and Pet are up, and good news ...

Mr. Bean - our goat - is alive! He is not yet home, but is hanging out near the the local tallest waterfall, Hamilton Falls. Unfortunately, it is suddenly a tourist hot spot, but the Sheriff - there for crowd/COVID-19 control, saw him this morning - and got a great picture! It's in a state park, nearby, and there are lots of woods and goat browsing. So he's alive, not hungry, and probably having a grand time, still wearing his collar and trailing the lead rope he broke ... Kermit is going to go back in the wee hours of the morning and see if he has better luck finding him then.
    Great news!!! Hoping Mr. Bean can be found and returned home, safely!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

That's wonderful news! Hope you'll be back home very soon, dear Mr. Bean!

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Quote Originally Posted by tatsxxx11 View Post
    Great news!!! Hoping Mr. Bean can be found and returned home, safely!
    There are so many tourists from out of state trying to visit the falls this holiday weekend - and there's no parking there - that Kermit is going to wait until after people go back to their own states - so Tuesday I think. There's also hope that he may show up at our friend Amos's house, whose property abuts the state park. The terrain is pretty difficult for humans, and the only parking is a small lot for emergency vehicles, as historically people have died on those rocks, or been badly injured, and needed rescue.

As we were going past the line of cars waiting for parking, I saw license plates from Connecticut, New Jersey, New York, and Massachusetts - and no one appeared to be self-quarantining and most milling around their cars were not wearing masks. rather troubling from a COVID standpoint.
    I've Been Frosted

Today's Pet(s), Dog and Cat are up.

Today's adventures have included Marigold finding, dispatching and bringing into the kitchen a chipmunk, whose corpse I then gave to Spaulding the Ball Python in his enclosure so no one stepped on it.

The kittens regard me as a climbing tree, oh those wee claws!

Lots of tourists slowing down to look at our animals, a few leaving their cars (in the middle of the road) to get out and try to take pictures, one little crying because her dad wouldn;t let her attempt to pet the geese, and more dramas!
    I've Been Frosted

What does Spaulding normally eat?

I sure hope those kittens aren't running around anywhere near his enclosure.
    Last edited by phesina; 09-07-2020 at 06:03 AM.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.

Quote Originally Posted by phesina View Post
    What does Spaulding normally eat?

I sure hope those kittens aren't running around anywhere near his enclosure.
    His enclosure is quite secure, and the kittens are not allowed in the aviary anyway.

He eats whatever dead rodents the cats bring in, any chicks that die after arriving here, etc. He is older, does not need to eat a lot.
    I've Been Frosted

I'm glad to know the kittens are safe! They must be so much fun to watch (and have them use your leg as a tree).

So Spaulding doesn't need to get live prey? That's great!

Any further news on Mr. Bean? More hopes and prayers and good wishes and warm loving energies that he is safe and will be back home soon.
    Death thought about it.

There is apparently a photo somewhere on Facebook of him, he is somewhere near Hamilton Falls, either at the bottom or the top, depending on who saw him last. The deputy sheriff had not sighted him yesterday, but does have the peppermints in his pocket as a lure just in case.

And no, Spaulding never gets live food, except any flies or bugs he wants to catch, that's up to him.

Today's Cat, Dog and Pet are up.
    I've Been Frosted

Mr. Bean, come back home soon! Peppermints are awaiting!

(I never knew those were goat delicacies.)
    Death thought about it.

Toiday has been crazy busy at the Post Officer, and I had to run an errand that dragged into 45 minutes extra, So I will not be updating the pets today, so late in the day, but will try to get them up earlier tomorrow. Sigh.
    I've Been Frosted

Today's Pet, Dog and Cat of the Day are up!
    I've Been Frosted

Today's Dog, Cat and Pet are up at last.
    I've Been Frosted

I am getting ready for Farmer's Market, as has been the case each Friday lately. Last week, I promised to get the pets up early on Saturday to compensate, but then we lost power for 6 hours just as I set to work. But the skies are clear, and so should be able to get them up early in the day on Saturday.

I also promise much kitten cuteness - they were of course "helping" me bake by frolicking or napping smack dab in the middle of the kitchen. Mulligan decide to occupy baskets I had hoped to use - thankfully we have quite a selection. Would you like pictures of that? And I have a great picture I need to show you all from LAST Friday ... Papa and kittens napping on the chest I needed to bring out to the car - all my ceramics travel in it. Of course.
    I've Been Frosted

Pictures?
    yes, please.

I'd love to see the pictures!

Death thought about it.