Page 21 of 82 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617181920212223242526272829303171 ... LastLast

Thread: Today's Pets are Up

Today's Dog, Cat, and Pet of the Day are up. Sorry for the tardiness, folks.

Oh, and a correction - Marigold only had four kittens, Kermit's brain does not handle numbers well, and so he miscounted. But they are two little tabbies (silver and black, like Marigold's one front leg, complete with white mittens, one black kitten with white mittens, and one fluffily pale orange kitten like papa Mulligan.
    I've Been Frosted

Today's Pet, Dog and Cat are up!
    I've Been Frosted

Today's Dog, Cat and Pet are up! So sorry so late, folks.
    I've Been Frosted

Today's fabulous Dog, Cat and Pet are up!
    I've Been Frosted

It is Friday, Farmer's Market Day, and so I will not be able to update the Pet, Dog and Cat today - no time until after 8 pm, but will have tomorrow's Pets up early, okay?

Marogold has moved and hidden the kittens well, so we do not even know if eyes are open yet! We suspect somewhere in the nice cool basement.

We got new baby chicks in the mail yesterday, so cute and fluffy - I will endeavor to get more chick pictures this weekend. All beasts are growing and doing well. A neighbor has come to start training Boo, and is totally in love with how trainable he is, especially compared to cows!

Love you all, gotta go clean up to head down to market - it opens early for at-risk shoppers.
    I've Been Frosted

Today's Pet, Cat and Dog are up!
    I've Been Frosted

Today's Dog, Cat and Pet of the Day are up!

Farm updates - Boo is growing so fast I had to add more fabric (elastic) to the belly strap for his vest! Marigold has her kittens hidden so well we have not seen them in over a week, but know they are still alive because we hear them tom time to time! As you may know, I am half deaf, so have no "directional" hearing, which does not help!

We have had very active predators - coy wolves - over the past few nights, no losses that we know of, but Lulu puppy has been exhausted during the day. She spends the night outside, preferring to sleep with a metaphorical one eye open on the porch, and takes defending her people (which includes all the animals and birds here) very seriously. I should get an updated picture of our brave warrior princess, she is getting so tall! Saturday night it was so bad, though, that she came and slept with ME part of the wee hours of the morning, so she must have been badly spooked. She has never ever done that before.
    I've Been Frosted

Karen, the Cat of the Day page has a dog pictured!.. The Dog of the Day, I think, because she's also on that page.

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post

Farm updates - Boo is growing so fast I had to add more fabric (elastic) to the belly strap for his vest! Marigold has her kittens hidden so well we have not seen them in over a week, but know they are still alive because we hear them tom time to time! As you may know, I am half deaf, so have no "directional" hearing, which does not help!

We have had very active predators - coy wolves - over the past few nights, no losses that we know of, but Lulu puppy has been exhausted during the day. She spends the night outside, preferring to sleep with a metaphorical one eye open on the porch, and takes defending her people (which includes all the animals and birds here) very seriously. I should get an updated picture of our brave warrior princess, she is getting so tall! Saturday night it was so bad, though, that she came and slept with ME part of the wee hours of the morning, so she must have been badly spooked. She has never ever done that before.
    Are the kittens in the house somewhere?
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.

Farm updates - Boo is growing so fast I had to add more fabric (elastic) to the belly strap for his vest!
    That's wonderful! Go, Boo!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Quote Originally Posted by phesina View Post
    Karen, the Cat of the Day page has a dog pictured!.. The Dog of the Day, I think, because she's also on that page.

That was only the case for a couple minutes, but was fixed, and just the caching needed updating.
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by phesina View Post
    Are the kittens in the house somewhere?
    Yes, and pretty sure they are in the basement - where a worker has left his tools and materials everywhere, so lots of chaos and hiding places.
    I've Been Frosted

Today's Cat, Dog and Pet are up! Two Two for Tuesday pairs!
    I've Been Frosted

Yes, and pretty sure they are in the basement - where a worker has left his tools and materials everywhere, so lots of chaos and hiding places.
    Karen, why not move the kittens and Marigold upstairs to a room with a door. If there are workers coming and going in the basement and bringing and leaving tools and materials around, that sounds like a recipe for disaster: accidental injury or worse for kittens, especially after they get big enough to start exploring.
    Death thought about it.

Might be a good idea to keep Lulu the puppy inside at night if there are active predators roaming around then.
    Death thought about it.