Thread: getting new computer

getting new computer

I am getting a new computer,a HP Pavilion Desktop,something like the first one we had in 2002.The current one was freezing up,would shut it off and start again,had a hard time with start up,would take fore
    ver and my programs would and time would switch from the bottom to the side.
    thanks very much devon. I have been boo'd.

Exciting, Barry!!! An early Christmas gift to yourself! I've always had great luck with HP Pavilions! My current laptop is an HP! Let us know how you like it!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

That's terrific, Barry! Best wishes with it!

Cheers! - Pat
    Purrrs! - Sparkler and Galaxy

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

just got it

Computer was just delivered,just started taking it out of the box,i'll be a little bit setting this up.

That's great, Barry... a nice early Christmas gift to yourself. Take your time to set it up and do it right!

Best wishes!

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

6. Fun!

i remember getting a new computer after using my Packard Bell for 12years. it ran slower than dirt but it still ran so i never bothered to upgrade before i reached a point of 'enough is enough' LOL

works good

Computer is working good so far,a lot faster at startup than the last one.keyboard a little different,delete button is not on the bottom row,to use the enter button,you have hit the ctrl button and enter at the same time.I hit the wrong language for the keyboard til I found the right one but every time go online,have to switch it to the right one.

8. Glad to hear its working good

what OS do you have?

Operating system is Windows 10.

10. How are you liking Windows 10?

i was forced to upgrade to it but honestly i like it

its working fine,like it should.

I too am getting a new laptop. Mine, like me, is getting older and moves slowly. I’ll be on Windows 10. I don’t do a lot of streaming and I’m not a gamer. I mostly need it for word processing and the Web. I ordered it on line and it should be delivered to the store by the end of the week. I knew this was something I’d be doing pretty soon.

13. Congratulations!

my first PC was a Packard Bell box shaped computer that was hand me down from my brother after he already had used it for 3years before he upgraded an gave me it.
    it got to running so slow that i could brush my teeth; finish getting dressed; watch a bit of the news an it would still be in the process of booting up when i returned.
    thats even after reformatting it an no bloat/viruses or whatever slowing it down.

now i have a PC that boots up so fast that i can barely sit down in my chair an its fully booted up.
    its so nice