Thread: More Liquid Problems...

Hybrid View

More Liquid Problems...

I came home this evening after being away about 4 hours (regular Wednesday evening visit with my sister to watch "Midsomer Murders"), and found a puddle in the middle of the shower curtain on the bed (and am I glad I've left the shower curtain there!)....

AND.. the litterbox Galaxy usually uses in the living room... there was liquid on the newspaper under and around it. She overshot the box? or wasn't aiming very carefully? (I've had newspaper under the litterboxes... and under the paper some heavy plastic sheeting.. Galaxy is not the first kitty I've ever known to have Pee Issues.)

She's been getting some CD Stress food, wet and dry, the last few days, which I gather is the Hills version of the SO Calm type food. There hadn't been any inappropriate peepee for quite a while now, and I was hoping perhaps the food was making a difference. Sigh..

Maybe it will be Prozac time after all... (I may have to ask for some for myself, too!)

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

No problems since Galaxy's last vet visit until now? And they did not find any physical reason, including kidney issues?
    It might be time for meds, like you said. Please don't give up, this can take a while to resolve!
    Hugs to you and the kitties.
    Willa (5/1/1997-3/17/2018)

Oh no! Such a frustrating problem. Gosh, maybe it is time to try some medication. But don't give up. Just so strange, this suddenly happening absent any health issues. Hang in there! Love and hugs to you and the girls!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Both yesterday and today Galaxy peed outside the box. In fact, she did it this evening while I was right here. I didn't notice her until I heard her sort of scraping at the side of the litter box.. And I saw the newspapers on the floor (all new ones since yesterday's pee event) that had gotten peed on. I replaced all those, again. I also put one of the other litterboxes in its place. Easier to get into, maybe she'll like that better.

I talked to the vet earlier today about yesterday's episode. We're going to try some Prozac. I don't know, maybe the special food just hasn't had enough time for her to get used to it and not do this. He said the Prozac may need a bit of time before it makes a difference, too.

I also picked up some non-clay litter to try.. not on her "main" litter box, the vet advised, but one in another location that she could check out and try if so inclined. I haven't set all that up yet.

Please send some good wishes and healing energies and anything else you can think of for Galaxy to stop doing this!

Thank you!
    Pat and Galaxy, and Sparkler, too
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Good wishes and healing energy on the way to Galaxy. Good luck.

Pat, I hope the new food or the Prozac will help, or the new litter. Did you check the one I mentioned earlier? Some cats like covered litter boxes and some hate them - and also don't like plastic inside. It it also much easier without.

Best of luck... and hugs.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.