A few days ago, Miss Kitty's appetite was decreasing, and she was lethargic and depressed. And she has been dealing with congestion.
I took her yesterday to be seen. We took xrays to make sure that her lungs were clear and that her mass in her lungs hadn't grown.
The mass had grown a little bit, but the big finding was that she was constipated, lots of hard stool in her colon.
She got fluids under the skin to hydrate her to get things moving and an antibiotic injection for the congestion.
The hope was that she would have a bowel movement overnight. Unfortunately, that didn't happen.
I took her back today, and she got an enema.

If you have ever seen an enema in action, you know how messy it is. Miss Kitty was also slightly loopy because I had given her gabapentin to relax her.
So it was hard for her to get out of the way of the mess, but it was a success. Everything came out. I had to clean her up with a butt bath.
The plan is to observe and make sure that she has regular bowel movements.
Miss Kitty always had trouble with her poop, because all the water she drinks goes to the kidneys to keep them going.
She had been on lactulose for a couple of years, but then she couldn't tolerate it anymore, then I tried miralax. It made her sick as well with vomiting and diarrhea.
I'm hesitant to use any stool softener, but if necessary I will try again.
For now it's canned food only with some pumpkin.

This was a rough day for an 18-yr old cat, but she seems to be doing ok.