Thread: Magnificent Milton Angel!

Hybrid View

Magnificent Milton Angel!

Dearest Milton, what a beautiful Angelic Maine Coon fellow you are! You are absolutely majestic, so handsome and distinguished with that gorgeous fluffy fur that looks so soft and that sweet face with the bent ear and those long, LOOOONG white whiskers and lovely big eyes. Thank you for sharing that great photo with us. You look so very comfortable on that bed! I wish I could reach through the screen and ...all the way to the Rainbow Bridge! ...to pet you. I can't, of course, but I know the other Angels are all petting you for me .

And what a story you have to tell! You were on earth with your dear Purrrson her/his entire life until you left for the Bridge (and you are and always will be with him/her in your Angelic form). Your Purrrents brought you home shortly before she/he was born. Over time you became inseparable, the dynamic duo, amazing amigos, double trouble! Every night you slept on the pillow next to your dear young friend.

When you were about 12 years old, your family suffered a sad loss, the passing of beloved Rotty Decerd. (We know you and Decerd Angel are great friends together now!) Around age 11 you were diagnosed with diabetes. Three years later, Basquiat the dog joined the family. He soon learned you were still king of the jungle! Your health declined as you got older. Then at age 15 you disappeared one day, going off on your last hunt and not coming home, like the brave Indians your young Purrrson had been told about as a child. You are her Brave Little Indian, her Milton, always.

Now you are a glorious Angel, healthy and hearty again, watching over your dear Purrrson and family with love. Please send some Angelic purrrs to their hearts to reassure them that all is well, you are with them always, and you will all be together again, One Fine Day... You all love each other very much, don't you. What a wonderful love-filled home you shared and always will!

Congratulations, darling Milton Angel, on being chosen today's Cat of the Day! We hope you and your dear young Purrrson and all your family and friends are enjoying a fine celebration, full of fun and lovies and precious memories and all your favorite games and treats. We know Decerd Angel and all the Angels are rejoicing with you at the Rainbow Bridge!

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Precious Milton

Sweet Milton,
    What a wonderful story you have.
    It makes me happy to know that while you lived in this world you were deeply loved. And the people who cared for you always made sure you knew that.
    And I couldn’t agree more that you are a very handsome boy, and that coat looks incredibly soft to the touch!
    You will always be missed, because you left a paw print on the hearts of those who knew you ❤️ 😻
    I’m sure that even in the rainbow bridge, you are the king of your jungle 🌴