Thread: Congrats to gizmo!!

Congrats to gizmo!!

I really believe there's nothing more wonderful than a scared, wounded, possibly abused creature being rescued and then learning to love and trust humans again.......Gizmo went through so much before she found her Forever Home and now she's totally happy and affectionate to her rescuing humans! You're absolutely right- she deserves to be honored as Cat of the Day, and so do you, for rescuing her and caring for her until she could learn to trust you and be happy- just look at her pictures, how happy and at peace she is now! Bless you for taking her in and giving her such a great home and life! Rnjoy COTD today, Gizmo- you sure earned it and paid your dues in full!

bowlkat
    "If they could cross Man with the cat, it would improve
    Man, but it would deteriorate the cat." - Mark Twain

Dearest Gizmo, you are gorgeous! What a stunning Tuxedo lady you are, with that cute pink nose and those lovely big yellow eyes! You are so pretty and you look so relaxed and happy there, gazing straight out at me. I wish I could reach through the screen, right now, and over to Ramsey, NJ to pet you, and pet your dear kitty pal Johnny, too. I can't, of course, but I know your loving and beloved Purrrson will pet you both for me .

And what a story you have to tell! You endured some horrendous experiences as a young kitten and wound up under the Brooklyn Bridge with serious injuries. We are so glad and grateful that a kind person found you and brought you to a vet! You lost your right hind leg and needed stitches in your left. And you'd had kittens recently, at less than five months of age.

Your kind rescuer could not keep you and gave you to a dear friend, who is now your loving and beloved Furrrever Purrrson. You were very timid and shy at first, understandably so. Then you and your housemate kitty Johnny started playing together, and everybody started getting along. Blessings to you and your dear rescuer and Purrrson and Johnny! Now you are a year old, happy and trusting. You sleep in your dear Purrrson's bed, and you love your treats. You and he/she and Johnny all love each other very much, don't you. What a wonderful love-filled home you share!

Congratulations, darling Gizmo, on being chosen today's Cat of the Day! I agree completely with our friend bowlkat. You absolutely deserve congratulations and deserve to be honored as today's Cat of the Day. And so does your dear Purrrson deserve to be honored, and so does Johnny. We hope you three and all your family and friends are enjoying a fine celebration, full of fun and lovies and all your favorite games and treats.

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

What a beautiful girl you are, Gizmo! How wonderful that you came to a forever home where you are greatly loved! Happy, happy Cat of the Day!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678