Thread: So sorry

So sorry

We had a Nor'Easter - sorry I didn;t put up the new pet, dog and cat today. By the time my computer and I were in the same place at the same time, they would have only had a half the day, so I will post new pets tomorrow.

Lots of branches down, power outages, etc, roads impassable for hours, but everyone is okay, so that counts, except we lost two dear birds to predators.
    I've Been Frosted

I was just thinking of you! I’m sorry about the birds. I’m glad that you are safe, though no power is always a challenge. (((Hugs)))

I'm glad you're all right, Karen! I'm so sorry you lost your two beloved birds.

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

New apologies - yesterday I got the day's Cat of the Day page up, then got a phone call that the café manager's 21-year-old son was in a terrible car accident, and had been med-flighted to Dartmouth, New Hampshire. The cafe is in the same building as the little Post Office where I work, and I sometimes help out there, so I immediately went down to help cover things, and ended up being away from home until 9 pm.

Please keep George and his son, whose name I do not know, in your prayers.
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    New apologies - yesterday I got the day's Cat of the Day page up, then got a phone call that the café manager's 21-year-old son was in a terrible car accident, and had been med-flighted to Dartmouth, New Hampshire. The cafe is in the same building as the little Post Office where I work, and I sometimes help out there, so I immediately went down to help cover things, and ended up being away from home until 9 pm.

Please keep George and his son, whose name I do not know, in your prayers.
    {{{HUGS}}} to you, Karen, and all good wishes and prayers for George and his son.

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.

I'm keeping George and his son in my thoughts. How wonderful of you, Karen, to be there for them.
    Willa (5/1/1997-3/17/2018)

Blog Entries
    Never apologize Karen, you are a giver and certainly going through so very much. Take care 😻

Thanks everyone. Love you all!
    I've Been Frosted

~~~~~PURRRS~~~~~ for you from Sparkler and Galaxy, too!

Death thought about it.

I hope George's son will be all right! Life happens, Karen. No apologies needed.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

So much of Vermont is without power, our farm included. I am now down at the Post Office where there is electricity. So I will updates the sites for tomorrow. They had no power down here earlier, but it got restored. There are trees and power lines down all over the place.

George’s son is home and may be blind in one eye, but is slowly recovering. He was not wearing his seatbelt and smashed his head on the roll bar of his Jeep and needed over 100 stitches in his scalp. George thanks everyone for their prayers.
    I've Been Frosted

Earlier today they said the power should be back on today by 3:45 pm. However there is still a tree down that took power lines with it on our road, and now the power company has "no projected time for restoration."

But the new pets are up, just posting from the base of the hill, where there is both heat and electricity!
    I've Been Frosted

Thank you, Karen!
    Death thought about it.

Blog Entries
    You're the best sister. We'll always get by if you're late or indisposed. We're lucky you do what you do at all. Take care of yourself 😺🌹

Thank you. Sorry I didn't get the sites updated yesterday - it was a chaotic day, and we are trying to get everything ready for the coming storm. Lost two guinea fowl yesterday, they got hit by a car, so that was sad. But they are not the smartest of birds. And the man stopped and helped me carry the bodies inside, which was helpful. He admitted he was going too fast and apologized.
    I've Been Frosted