Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Liquid Problem...

Liquid Problem...

Tuesday and Wednesday, someone peed on the bed. Both days of which I discovered as I was about to go to bed. Tuesday night I stripped the bed, put on my second set of bedding.

I thought (hoped) this was just a one-off event. Then I discovered some dampness again as I was about to go to bed last night. I don't have a third set of bedding, so last night I turned the top sheet around so the peed-on part was farthest away from where I'd be sleeping. I covered the sheet with a fleece blanket, not quite full-size, that I just discovered I had the other day.

I I wound up taking a large load of dirty laundry to the laundromat today because there was way too much for my apartment building machines.

I shut both cats out of the bedroom for a lot of today. And I got a shower curtain to put over the bedding when I'm not going to be in the bed.

I don't know who did this or how to determine which one. Or just what to do next. I don't want to be having one cat at a time in the room all day to see which one pees all over my bed again..

Sigh...

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Pat, I'm sorry to hear about another pee incident!:
    There's the possibility that Galaxy's urinary tract infection has returned. I would take her to the vet first.
    Otherwise you probably should keep one kitty isolated to see who's doing it. Watch for different behavior, like licking private parts frequently and increased water consumption.
    I hope you can figure it out soon!
    Willa (5/1/1997-3/17/2018)

Oh Pat, I'm sorry to hear it has happened again. I think Heidi's advise is a good idea, and keep the shower curtain on the bed until you want to use it.

I so hope you'll be able to solve this soon.

(((hugs)))

Being the catlover you are, I'm sure you've heard of different reasons for this, but if not, here's a link - there are lots more on the web.
    https://www.petmd.com/cat/conditions...cat-peeing-bed

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Thank you, Heidi and Randi. I decided it was Galaxy, because it would be so hard for Sparkler to haul herself up onto the bed to begin with, and if she had done that, it would have been next to impossible to get herself into position to do those particular puddles.

Yesterday because I had them shut out of the bedroom, there were no further samples on the bed, but I didn't know if there would have been one if the bed was available. Galaxy does drink from the water bowl fairly often, and she does little pees in one of the litter boxes fairly often.

We went to see the vet this morning and have this checked out further. She does not have a UTI. They are checking out other possibilities, including diabetes.

Since we got home, about 11:30 am, I've left the bedroom door open with the shower curtain on the bed. No pee on that so far!

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.

I hope you get some answers from the vet. Will they take x-rays to check for bladder stones?

I hope you get it worked out, Pat and kitties !
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Quote Originally Posted by cats4ever View Post
    I hope you get some answers from the vet. Will they take x-rays to check for bladder stones?
    Had a message from the vet earlier today. Galaxy is NOT diabetic! The recording wasn't totally clear. I will listen to it more and see if I can make out more of it. I will call him when the clinic is open again Monday.

It sounded like he thinks it may be behavioral, stress-related. Perhaps a dietary change or something like Prozac will help. Litter-box issues? Whenever I find anything at all in any of the litter boxes, I scoop it out immediately, so that stuff doesn't build up.

I don't know what could have brought such a behavior change on (again! I was re-reading the notes from the previous episode). Things have been the same as usual. She and Sparkler are co-existing just fine, same as ever.

Galaxy had x-rays done during her vet visit for peeing in early September. I don't know if more should be done now. I will ask the vet about those and the possibility of bladder stones when I talk with him.

Meanwhile, I'm keeping the shower curtain on the bed.

I thought this problem had been cleared up in September!

Thanks, everyone, from Galaxy and me (and Sparkler too, of course).

Death thought about it.

Quote Originally Posted by cassiesmom View Post
    I hope you get it worked out, Pat and kitties !
    Thank you, Elyse! from me and The Girls...

Death thought about it.

Pat, I am so sorry about all of this! House soiling is one of the most frustrating issues with cats, and sometimes it takes a little while to get resolved.
    Since Galaxy had a urinary tract infection in September, but not this time, those two issues are probably not related.
    Kitties can get stressed by the most minute things. If it is behavioral, you might end up giving Prozac. As I mentioned before, Miss Kitty has been on it for years because of this problem, and she's doing great. Of course, every cat is different.
    One thing you could ask your vet about is a urinary diet.
    Royal Canin has a diet that has also calming ingredients, called Feline urinary SO + Calm. Try some Feliway diffusers as well. And, how many litterboxes do you have?

I hope there's a resolution soon! Hugs to you and the kitties!

Thanks, Heidi! I will let you know what the next step is. That Feline urinary SO + Calm sounds like a great idea.

We have three litterboxes, one in the living room and two in the bedroom.

I had Galaxy shut in the bedroom for maybe 15-20 minutes now so Sparkler could eat some of her food in peace. I just now went in there to let Galaxy out again and see if I still had my Feliway diffuser. I do, but it's old and looks like it could use a cleaning somehow. I haven't used it in a long time. I also have a little bottle of the liquid... expiring 06/2012! It's REALLY been a while since I used Feliway! Would the stuff possibly still be effective?

Then I looked at the bed and saw there was a yellow puddle on the shower curtain in the middle towards the foot of the bed! Easy enough to clean up, so that shower curtain was sure a great investment (Dollar Tree special ). Am I ever glad I had that there!

Sigh... More to tell the vet about...

Death thought about it.

How lucky you had the shower curtain on this time, but it's still frustrating it happens again. Since you ruled out bladder stones etc., it is most likely behavioral, stress-related.

The Royal Canin Calm that Heidi mentioned, Fister loved that, but the vet said he shouldn't eat that only - can't remember the reason.

Could it be that Galaxy doesn't like the litter? When I looked after Oscar, his American owner always brought a special Eco litter, it looked like fine oats, beige colored. I found this that looks like it. Perhaps try that.

https://www.nuenergy.org/4-green-cat-litter-tips-eco-friendly-pet-owners/

Good luck and hugs to you - kisses to Sparkler and Galaxy.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

I checked the Royal Canin website and it says that this food can be used for long-term urinary support.
    Three litterboxes should be fine for 2 kitties. If you change litter, make sure to transition slowly from the old litter to the new.
    Did you decipher any more of the vet's message? The feliway might not be potent anymore, but you can try anyway and see what happens.
    I hope for you and the kitties that everything will be resolved soon. It's nerve racking (it was for me) to find puddles and no solution in sight yet.
    Hugs and headbumpies to you, Sparkler and Galaxy!

Thanks for checking out the Royal Canin Feline Urinary SO + Calm, Heidi. I will look for some of that tomorrow.

No new puddles today!

Galaxy does pee in the living room litter box pretty regularly. I don't know why she was doing these extra ones on my bed.

I found I also have a little bottle of Feliway Comfort Zone.. expiring 04/11! I hooked up the 6/12 one in the bedroom. The electrical outlet is on the wall next to the bed.. and behind the litter box.

Death thought about it.

You will need a prescription from your vet for this food. Maybe they have some other recommendation as well.
    I'm glad that Galaxy is using the litter box.

Quote Originally Posted by Randi View Post
    How lucky you had the shower curtain on this time, but it's still frustrating it happens again. Since you ruled out bladder stones etc., it is most likely behavioral, stress-related.

The Royal Canin Calm that Heidi mentioned, Fister loved that, but the vet said he shouldn't eat that only - can't remember the reason.

Could it be that Galaxy doesn't like the litter? When I looked after Oscar, his American owner always brought a special Eco litter, it looked like fine oats, beige colored. I found this that looks like it. Perhaps try that.

https://www.nuenergy.org/4-green-cat-litter-tips-eco-friendly-pet-owners/

Good luck and hugs to you - kisses to Sparkler and Galaxy.

Thanks, Randi. Galaxy hasn't peed on the bed today (yet, anyway). She does pee regularly in the living room litter box, pretty small ones fairly frequently. She has kept on doing that the last few days.. the ones on the bed have been in addition.

We've been using the same litter for quite a long time, and she hasn't had problems with it before. When I go to get the food tomorrow, I will see what they have in the way of those Eco types of litter.

Death thought about it.