Thread: Yoga

Yoga

Does anyone do yoga?
    I have always thought it is sooo boooring!!!
    But I started it about a month ago. I was supposed to do a 45 minute routine 3 times a week.
    However, the first few weeks I only got in 1 or 2 a week.
    This week I have done it each day and today I am noticing I am moving much better.
    I feel like my joints and muscles are looser.
    I am already a very flexible person. I call myself fat but flexible.
    But I have put on weight over the past year and have had pain all over recently.
    I know it's because of my weight so I finally decided to do something about it.
    I just want to feel better. If weight comes off then that's an added bonus.
    And I want/need to strengthen my core. I already feel like it is getting stronger too.

There is one pose I am having a tough time with. It's called warrior 3. You stand on one leg with the other straight out behind you and lean forward.
    So basically your extended leg and your back make a straight line. Then I'm supposed to reach my hands forward and back. Well I have a tough time just keeping my balance.
    My arches have fallen so my ankles are very weak. I'm hoping yoga might also help strengthen my ankles.

Anyone have stories good or bad?
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

I did yoga many years ago. My two friends also joined. It was great and good teachers, but like you, I can't keep my balance, so the three of us started giggling and we just couldn't stop. I felt great and relaxed after each session.

Keep it up - and try to eat small meals but more often, if you want to lose weight. Of course, many veggies will help you feel full. How about trying some of Jamie Oliver's recipes?
    https://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/

Good luck!

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Quote Originally Posted by Randi View Post
    I did yoga many years ago. My two friends also joined. It was great and good teachers, but like you, I can't keep my balance, so the three of us started giggling and we just couldn't stop. I felt great and relaxed after each session.

Keep it up - and try to eat small meals but more often, if you want to lose weight. Of course, many veggies will help you feel full. How about trying some of Jamie Oliver's recipes?
    https://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/

Good luck!
    I eat pretty good............for the most part. My thing is I need to not snack on junk food as often. And I've been doing better with that.
    As far as the recipes go........I don't cook!! LOL And my boyfriend cooks healthy meals every night anyway.
    My problem has been I am not active enough. You can eat healthy, but if you aren't moving the weight still packs on.
    See, I know what I need to do. I'm just LAZY!!! LOL

We play ping-pong every day at work twice a day. It's actually a good workout. Because we don't play by the rules. We play to just keep the ball going.....no matter what.
    We hit it off the ground, the walls, each other. And today I felt so good. I didn't grunt and groan when I went to pick up a ball or reach for it to hit it.
    I think I'm really liking this and that will keep me motivated to continue.

Thanks for your reply Randi!!
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

4. Maybe try putting on some music that motivates you an see if that spices up your yoga

i like to go to YouTube an search for "epic workout music" or whatever like that an just let it run while i do my thing