Thread: Our backyard kitty

Our backyard kitty

I saw this kitty for the first time in 2006 or 2007, she was sitting on the scaffold outside my window. It turned out she was pregnant. At that time she had three tabby kittens, but later she had five black ones. They were all trapped and taken to a shelter. She had moved in to our backyard and has been here ever since. It took more than two years to trap her. A woman who lives in the other end of the yard and lost her own cat (17), signed an agreement to look after her. She does come nside her flat, but the kitty is often left outside at night, even in winter. I don’t like that! Outside the woman’s window is a shed where tools are kept, and she has a bed on top of a container, and food bowls, too. We are a couple of residents who look after her and feed her when the woman is at work (she is a nurse).

These pictures are from 2010, I think.

Sometimes I regret I didn't take this one, but I had Fister then.

Lately, she is getting thinner, and I can tell her eyesight is not that good - but she is able to find treats I throw, and she knows exactly which window to sit in front to get fed. I have spoken to the woman a couple of times about her, she is rather headstrung and says she’s fine, but she doesn’t take her to a vet to get checked. No one else can get near the kitty, who is called Misser.

Another black cat is coming every evening to visit, he has also been around for many years. I hope he belongs to someone.

I posted about her back then, when she sat on the scaffold, but I can’t find the thread. It may be one that is gone, along with others.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Would you be able to take her to a vet to be checked, Randi? Do you think the woman would allow that?

She's beautiful! And so are her kittens.

Thank you for looking out for her and caring for her, Randi!

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Aww, hopefully her primary caregiver will take her to the vet, but at least she has several people watching out for her!
    I've Been Frosted

What a pretty girl!
    I'm glad that you are looking out for her, and hopefully, she will get some medical care.
    Willa (5/1/1997-3/17/2018)

Blog Entries
    Sure is great you're looking out for her, she really is wonderful. Some folks just never take their cats to the vet, ever. I hate it .

Quote Originally Posted by phesina View Post
    Would you be able to take her to a vet to be checked, Randi? Do you think the woman would allow that?

She's beautiful! And so are her kittens.

Thank you for looking out for her and caring for her, Randi!

No, the woman don't want me to interfere, but I and others do give her food. I just wish that the shelter had demanded that vet care was part of the deal when she signed. At least, the kitty doesn't seem to suffer, she is out and about, but you all know that kitties don't show when something is wrong, except for hiding.

Thank you, all! I will keep an eye on her. If I notice anything I WILL tell her.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

It might be something as simple as a tapeworm since she is outside so much.

Is it possible to re-trap her?

And the owner is a nurse?!!? Hello!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda