Thread: Sweet Jonesy

Sweet Jonesy

Dear Jonesy, what a handsome tabby boy you are. Your coat with those beautiful markings looks so soft and plush, and you have such a sweet face.
    Sadly, you are yet another example of how cruel some people are. They left you behind, declawed, defenseless and starving.
    But you are also one lucky kitty. Friendly neighbors started feeding you, and then your forever person, with lots of patience and kindness, made you an indoor kitty.
    You co-exist with your doggie and kitty siblings, and you let your humans know when it is time for some petting.
    Jonesy, aka Mr. Jones, you are a sweet and precious kitty, and I wish you and your family a great day full of celebration, and many more happy and healthy years together.
    Willa (5/1/1997-3/17/2018)

Dearest Jonesy, a.k.a. Mr. Jones, you are beautiful! What an absolutely gorgeous black and grey Tabby you are! You look so relaxed and content in those great photos, and thanks for sharing them with us. I love those colors and stripes in your fur, which looks so soft, and you have the sweetest face with those long white curly whiskers and lovely big pale-green eyes. I wish I could reach through the screen and down to Boca Raton, FL to pet you, and pet your three feline siblings and three canine siblings, too! I can't, of course, but I know your loving and beloved Purrrsons will pet you all for me .

And what a horrific, but ultimately and thankfully heartwarming story you have to tell! I'm absolutely outraged that your previous sub-human "owners" not only had had you declawed but then when they moved away they just abandoned you to the street. We are so glad that some neighbors fed you here and there, but they couldn't bring you inside because their dog would have hurt you. But then you met your Purrrmanent Purrrrsons-to-be, and over time you slowly started coming inside their apartment. You are now a full-time "indoor" cat at their house, living the wonderful life you deserve (and deserved all along)! You are a sweet and loving addition to their home. We thank and bless those dear neighbors who first looked after you and then your dear Purrrmanent Purrrsons for bringing you HOME!

Now you are a big laid-back boy who likes to eat and nap. You let your dear Purrrsons know when you want some petting. You pretty much stay out of the way of your canine and feline siblings, but you and they and your Purrrsons all love each other very much, don't you. What a wonderful love-filled home you share!

Congratulations, darling Jonesy, on being chosen today's Cat of the Day! We hope you and your dear Purrrsons and canine and feline siblings and all your family and friends are enjoying a fine celebration, full of fun and lovies and all your favorite games and treats.

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

What a handsome Tabby you are, sweet Jonesy.

I am sorry your first owners abandoned you.

I am glad you were rescued and now have a wonderful home.
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana