Thread: Scare with Smokey

Hybrid View

Well done, Smokey!!! You're doing great! You and your dear Chatanuga, both!

Keep on keeping on, slowly, slowly..

More loving good wishes and healing energies are being sent to you!

from Sparkler and Galaxy and Pat
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Smokey's still making signs of improvement. This afternoon while in the living room where he and Casey were I had my front door open with the storm door shut and locked, Smokey saw something outside and was very alert and wanting to go after it, standing on his back legs to look out the window with his tail going wild. Around 7:30 PM I saw him going into the kitchen, and when I glanced in, he was checking out the feeder. A little while ago, I changed out the water in the water bowl in the upstairs hallway, and he took an interest in that as well.

I'm also about to give him a dose of Mirtazaphine transdermal ointment that the vet gave me to give him. It gets applied to one of his ears and is supposed to stimulate appetite.

Kevin

That's great!
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.

Good news! Got home around 7:30 PM this evening after stopping to get groceries. Casey was curled up and just waking up as I walked in. Smokey was walking towards the door, happy to see me. While putting stuff away, I heard somebody eating at the feeder. I turned around, and it was Smokey.

Once groceries were put away, I opened a new can of pumpkin for Smokey and Casey. It's primarily for Casey to help pass hairballs, but I also give some for Smokey. Tonight, he was quite eager to lick the spoon when I was done dishing it up, and then he started meowing like he usually does, wanting me to hurry with the rest, which he ate along with a few treats.

A little while ago when bringing laundry upstairs, he followed me up the stairs, and when I went to go down to the kitchen, he stopped at the top of the stairs to eat from the food bowl that I have out.

Kevin

Wow! That's terrific!

What a great job, Smokey!

Keep on keeping on .

Death thought about it.

Fantastic! Smokey, you have such a loving and caring furmom!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

This is great news!
    Smokey, your dad did a terrific job to help you.
    Willa (5/1/1997-3/17/2018)