Thread: Meet Cooper

Meet Cooper

Hi all,

It's been awhile! I also keep forgetting to introduce Cooper. We've actually had him since Dec 2017. He was 6-7 years old when we adopted him. He's a really sweet dog but had some major anxiety issues. Extremely reactive and had BAD separation anxiety. We kind of dealt with it for the first year. Then in January he destroyed my couch and we decided to do something about it. I found a few youtube channels. We found balanced training and now we have a different dog. He's fantastic. He can even be off-leash, something I never thought I'd get with a Beagle mix! He sleeps in his crate now, he's just a different dog. Less anxious and much happier!

He knows all his basic obedience commands and is VERY good on walks now. I am so impressed. We were on the verge of giving him back to the shelter. He has been through alot already, at some point he was shot (Xrays revealed this), he was terrified of everything when we got him, etc. He is a confident proud dog now. I always loved the "zero to hero" type dog stories and I finally have mine
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN1530.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	1.16 MB 
ID:	61857   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN1521.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	1.12 MB 
ID:	61858  

Hmm, the attachments are not showing up. Can you email them to me and I will post them for you?
    I've Been Frosted

3. Poor baby. thats so sad. its like he had to learn how to be a dog again.

so very glad to hear hes doing much better!

Blog Entries
    Awww... you should be very proud of yourselves and Cooper! Can't wait to peek at him, you're the best 💐

Hi all,

It's been awhile! I also keep forgetting to introduce Cooper. We've actually had him since Dec 2017. He was 6-7 years old when we adopted him. He's a really sweet dog but had some major anxiety issues. Extremely reactive and had BAD separation anxiety. We kind of dealt with it for the first year. Then in January he destroyed my couch and we decided to do something about it. I found a few youtube channels. We found balanced training and now we have a different dog. He's fantastic. He can even be off-leash, something I never thought I'd get with a Beagle mix! He sleeps in his crate now, he's just a different dog. Less anxious and much happier!

He knows all his basic obedience commands and is VERY good on walks now. I am so impressed. We were on the verge of giving him back to the shelter. He has been through alot already, at some point he was shot (Xrays revealed this), he was terrified of everything when we got him, etc. He is a confident proud dog now. I always loved the "zero to hero" type dog stories and I finally have mine
    I stumbled upon this thread and just wanted to hi. I hope Cooper is fine and doing well.. My sister's dog also had anxiety issues after adoption. After months of struggling she was prescribed with meds, she was told by various sources like doggolab.com, for example, that getting a special crate could help a bit. But all of these methods combined with proper training should definitely help.
    Last edited by GreyStanley; 01-27-2020 at 12:26 AM.

I have a four-legged friend. This is my doggie. His name is Beethoven. He is beautiful. The color of the coat is black, in brown stripes. The story of his childhood. He was born in the fall when it was cold. We took him home. He loved to lie near the batteries. When he grew up he became active and found many friends. Now he is big! And to support his health I buy him these pills - Albon.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Kolivan12 View Post
    I have a four-legged friend. This is my doggie. His name is Beethoven. He is beautiful. The color of the coat is black, in brown stripes. The story of his childhood. He was born in the fall when it was cold. We took him home. He loved to lie near the batteries. When he grew up he became active and found many friends. Now he is big! And to support his health I buy him these pills - Albon.

also you should make your own thread in stead of jacking this one