Thread: ooh that smell!!!

ooh that smell!!!

Help!!! My husband killed a skunk right beside our house last night. My whole house smells!! It's in all my clothes. What can I do???!!!
    Click here to visit my photo album

"Anywhere I'll ever go and everywhere I've been, nothing takes my breath away like my front porch looking in." - Lonestar

I am SO very sorry I am not a computer guru to cut/paste etc..but I used the website www.ask and questioned about emininating skunk odor and there was a lot of sites you can go to!!! Hope that helps. Good luck, you poor thing!

I walked into work today and my co-worker immediately said, I smell skunk!! They keep calling me Peppy La Pue (phonetic). I have all the windown open in the house now, hoping the air will help. It was in the 30's last night so my house will be quite cold. It's supposed to be in the 60's today. I'm going to look at the ask website now. Thanks.
    Click here to visit my photo album

"Anywhere I'll ever go and everywhere I've been, nothing takes my breath away like my front porch looking in." - Lonestar

I am so sorry about the smell...I have never had one killed directly outside of my house, but when a car hits one then parks in the parking lot the smell comes in through the windows and it's often strong enough to wake me up from a sound sleep! I wish I had words of advice...the only thing I can tell you is to tell your hubby not to kill any more skunks around the house again But I am sure you have already told him that hehehe. I hope someone with good advice can help you with this one.

Dear Steno - Your problem reminded me of a gal here at work who had the same problem a few years ago. Her jack russel got into it with a skunk and after washing him with lots of tomato juice she still couldn't get the smell off her or off her house. So she called what we have here in Utah as an extension service who recommended some stuff called Neutrolium Alpha. Now this is expensive stuff but you dilute it with water and it will make about 48 quarts or so. Call your local Health Services and see if they know of this product or where you can get some. Good Luck

hi, how is the smell situation?

ever hear of a product called SMELLS BEGONE? it is a nontoxic, nonstaining, nonallergenic, nonscented product. i love it and use it alot. i didn't find it for a few years. then one day my finace brings me home a bottle. he found it at a Sears repair shop.

it's made by Punati chemical co. in Birmingham,MI
    you could call 1-800-645-2882 and see if any place near you has it.

(supposedly it is stockyard strength.)

(Febreeze is good and it smells nice, but it irritates my sinuses.)

Let nature guide your actions and you will never have to worry if you did the right thing. ~ crow_noir

The pet world excels where the human world is lacking; sterilization and adoption. ~ crow_noir

Please, if your dog is arthritic look into getting it Elk Velvet Antler. Look up my posts on it, PM me, or look it up on a search engine; but please if you love your dog and want it to live many more years consider this option. I've seen so many posts on here about dogs needlessly suffering. I can't make a new post about EVA every time so this plea is going here. EVA also helps with other ailments such as anemia.