Thread: My former foster kitty Gary

My former foster kitty Gary

10 years ago, on my way to work, I noticed a tiny black kitten under a car at a small car dealership. The car was parked just a few feet from a busy road.
    I saw him every day, mornings and evenings, and I was terrified that he would dart into the road.
    I finally asked the folks working there if he belonged to somebody. They said no, they were just feeding him. So I tried to get him, but he wouldn't let me get close. I got a live trap and some tasty food, and he fell for it.
    I took him to work, and he turned out to be a healthy little boy. I started fostering him, and after he was neutered, I put him up for adoption.
    One of our longtime clients adopted him. He grew into a larger-than-life cat, topping out at 18 pounds. I always loved seeing him.
    On Friday, I saw his file and paw prints, and I knew he had passed away. He came in on Thursday, not eating. His bloodwork showed endstage kidney failure, so his family let him go.
    I am heartbroken. Gary was only 10 years old.
    I will always be grateful to his family, giving him a loving home.
    Rest in peace, Gary , and enjoy all your new friends at the Rainbow Bridge.
    All I have are his baby pictures, and believe me, he grew into a much, much larger kitty.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Gary 0082.jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	46.4 KB 
ID:	61632 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Gary 0012.jpg 
Views:	122 
Size:	53.6 KB 
ID:	61633
    Willa (5/1/1997-3/17/2018)

I am sure Catmandu would be proud a loved cat was named Gary, and we all send our condolences to Gary-the-Cat's family.
    I've Been Frosted

Oh, Heidi, I am so sorry. What a sweet little kitten in those lovely photographs, and what a wonderful story of how you rescued Gary and then fostered him so he could be adopted by that loving family. And he lived a wonderful life with them, even though it was shorter than had been expected. His kidneys gave out, and they said goodbye to him and let him go. Bless those wonderful people, and bless him, and bless you, Heidi, and all who love Gary and grieve him and miss him. My deepest sympathy to you all.

Now Gary is a beautiful Angel at the Rainbow Bridge, whole and healthy and strong again, that sweet little kitten scampering about to his heart's content and playing with and loving and being loved by all the other Angels. He is watching over you and his dear family and sending down love to you all. You know he'll be right there to welcome you Home.. One Fine Day...

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    I am sure Catmandu would be proud a loved cat was named Gary, and we all send our condolences to Gary-the-Cat's family.
    How nice to think of Catmandu and Gary the kitty this way! Thank you, Karen.

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

I'm so glad you got him away from that place and fostered him. Thank you! Although 10 years is not a long enough life, I'm sure he enjoyed every minute og it with you and his loving family.

Rest in peace, Gary!

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.