Thread: Update on Franklin and Chelsea

Update on Franklin and Chelsea

Hello kitty friends, I don’t know if anyone remembers me, I haven’t been on PetTalk much since the Catmobile adventures ended... anyway, I just wanted let you all know my kitty Franklin is doing great! He has hypertrophic cardiomyopathy and is on twice daily meds. The vet said she has never seen a kitty with this condition live this long! I count every day as a blessing. He’s a happy cat. And his mom, Chelsea (Cat of the Day a bazillion years ago) is doing great too. After I shattered my elbow January 2015 she has taken on the role of “nurse” and is my constant companion....she is getting more persnickety as she gets older and routinely slaps Franklin just to let him know who’s boss even though he’s almost twice her size....lol
    So that’s my update. It’s nice to see familiar names still active on this board..
    Diane
    Central Coast CA
    "Cats happen......"

Hi Diane, welcome back! How nice to get the update on Franklin and Chelsea! I'm glad they're both doing so well.

Good to "see" you back!

Cheers!
    - Pat

Purrrs!
    -Sparkler and Galaxy
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Howdy! Thank you so much for the update!

Shattered elbow - owwwww!! I hope you are completely healed now!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Hallo!!! How old is Franklin now? My first cat Sydney had this too, but the vet refused to prescribe him medication
    He died a week before his 2nd birthday....

I am so happy for you that he is getting the right medication, and I wish many more years with himi
    Of course I also wish Chelsea all the best!!!
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge

Quote Originally Posted by Maya & Inka's mommy View Post
    Hallo!!! How old is Franklin now? My first cat Sydney had this too, but the vet refused to prescribe him medication
    He died a week before his 2nd birthday....

I am so happy for you that he is getting the right medication, and I wish many more years with himi
    Of course I also wish Chelsea all the best!!!
    Franklin is 12 years old now. I’m sorry your vet didn’t help your kitty. Mine didn’t really think anything could done but she did suggest that I take him to a kitty cardiologist. The cardiologist put him on the meds and I’m grateful.....
    Diane
    Central Coast CA
    "Cats happen......"