Thread: I'm home!

I'm home!

My first post from the new home!
    It was a rough 3 days (Thursday-Saturday), but it's all done. The kitties are amazing, they have settled in no time. I worried all this time for nothing.
    Now the joys of homeownership are beginning, like mowing grass, doing little repairs, utility bills etc.
    I'm still really tired. I went back to work today, and it was a very long day, because of the lack of sleep, and I wanted to get back to make sure the cats are ok.
    I missed you guys, and I'm glad I'm back!
    Willa (5/1/1997-3/17/2018)

Congratulations, Heidi and Kitties, and
    Welcome HOME!!!!!

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Congratulations and rest well tonight!
    I've Been Frosted

Welcome home! Hope you catch up on rest soon! Are you a little closer to work now?

Your kitties are amazing. As long as Mom is there, all is well in their world!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Congratulations on your new home - I'm so glad the kitties have already settled in, but with mommy there and familiar furniture it's all good.

Snuggle up with them and get some rest.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Welcome Home!!
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana

Thank you, everybody!
    The distance to work is the same, I only moved 2.5 miles.
    I'm slowly catching up on sleep. The cats, of course, are caught up already. I, too, think that all their beds and toys with "their" smell had a lot to do with them settling in so fast.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	house1.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	33.2 KB 
ID:	61594 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	house2.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	49.5 KB 
ID:	61595 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	house3.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	77.3 KB 
ID:	61596

I mowed my lawn today, and it started snowing! How's that for spring?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	snow.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	97.7 KB 
ID:	61597

How nice!!! (Except for the snow..)

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Welcome Home. Glad you are settling in quickly, kitties too!
    Gayle - self proclaimed Queen of Poop
    Mommy to: Cali (14 year old kitten)
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21

My first challenge as a homeowner: fix a running toilet!
    The flapper wasn't closing properly, so the water just kept running. I shortened the chain, and that helped every other flush. Then I noticed that the lever was wiggly, so it jerked the flapper out of position. I tightened the lever, and voila, it's fixed.
    I don't mean to brag about it, but it felt great that I didn't have to spend any money on the repair.
    Another thing I wanted to address was to reduce the water usage per flush. I googled it, and one thing that's sold is a gadget that goes in the tank to displace the water, so there's less needed to fill it.
    So I thought that I could come up with something to put in the tank. I filled two empty water bottles (16 oz each) with water, and put them in the tank. It saves about 1 liter per flush!

Quote Originally Posted by cats4ever View Post
    My first challenge as a homeowner: fix a running toilet!
    The flapper wasn't closing properly, so the water just kept running. I shortened the chain, and that helped every other flush. Then I noticed that the lever was wiggly, so it jerked the flapper out of position. I tightened the lever, and voila, it's fixed.
    I don't mean to brag about it, but it felt great that I didn't have to spend any money on the repair.
    Another thing I wanted to address was to reduce the water usage per flush. I googled it, and one thing that's sold is a gadget that goes in the tank to displace the water, so there's less needed to fill it.
    So I thought that I could come up with something to put in the tank. I filled two empty water bottles (16 oz each) with water, and put them in the tank. It saves about 1 liter per flush!
    Yup, some people put a brick in the tank, too. Good for you for fixing it!
    I've Been Frosted

12. Aw congratulations! over all it sounds pretty exciting,, but that said i know how stressful it often is as well.
    now comes the unpacking of stuff not gotten to yet. like Christmas all over again expect you know whats in the boxes