Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: It's almost done...

Blog Entries
    My husband took a pic of the open boxes when we moved and you could see what was in them. Then he numbered them and put them all on the computer so we know what's in them. Funny enough, a lot of them are still unpacked on homemade roof racks in the garage. It's amazing how many things I thought I couldn't part with, I haven't even unpacked in more than 3 years. There are some items I must get too, there is something to the lack of clutter though, just sayin'👍🏿💕 Moving can be....challenging to say the least. My cat hid for 2 weeks and I cried a lot. I'm sure you will do far better than I!! 😻🌈

Quote Originally Posted by Trinityagain View Post
    Congratulations to you and please let me know how it goes or if you have any advice! My marriage officially ended at the beginning of February and I am closing on a house in the next couple of weeks as well! It will be just me and 3 of the furrballs...good luck! The future is going to be nothing but amazing!

Look at us! On our own with our furballs. And yes, the future is going to be amazing! My only advice would be, and you have already done it: Don't let anybody tell you what's good for you, because only you know best!
    And there is not going to be any crying, just lots of unpacking.
    I have all my boxes marked, with room designation and color tape, so my helpers know as well where to put stuff.
    When it's all over, I don't want to see any boxes for a very long time.
    Willa (5/1/1997-3/17/2018)

Wonderful well-wishes to you both!!!

{{{{{HUGS}}}}} and ~~~~PURRRS~~~~ and from Sparkler and Galaxy and Pat
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Good luck to both of you!!
    Have a safe move
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge

I keep telling people: I survived Stage 3 breast cancer, a heart attack and quintuple bypass and I am still here and going strong. Do you really think a divorce is going to break me? Think again

"When it's all over, I don't want to see any boxes for a very long time"
    I think your furrballs will think otherwise.
    Good luc and all the best.

Tomorrow's the day, closing at 3pm! However, I will be at the house at about 7 am and start some cleaning.
    And my realtor will get a bottle of wine. She is nothing short of amazing.
    This will probably one of my last posts for the next few days. I will see you guys then!

Excellent, Heidi!!! May all go smoothly, and may you and kitties all arrive in your new home comfortably!

{{{{{HUGS}}}}} and ~~~~PURRRS~~~~ and from Pat and Sparkler and Galaxy
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.

I'd like to throw my hat in the ring as the third to be moving to a new place after the demise of a relationship.

Today I was preapproved for a mortgage, the townhouse I'm interested in is on hold and I'm going to see it Saturday. If all goes well, very soon Cali and Diego will have a new home and nothing but peace in their lives.

My now ex fiance told me on May 2 that our relationship is over and that I need to move out of his house. He moved me to the spare room before I started chemotherapy, while he did drive me to my chemo appointments, he bailed after that, leaving me on my own for everything else. Now that I'm clear and healthy and ready to begin life post-cancer, he's out.

I look forward to being in my own space, living by my own rules and having a whole lot less stress in my life and the lives of Cali and Diego.
    Gayle - self proclaimed Queen of Poop
    Mommy to: Cali (14 year old kitten)
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21

Good grief! What a way for him to end the relationship. He's history now!

I'm so glad that now you are clear and healthy and are ready to begin life post-cancer. And what wonderful news that you're preapproved for a mortgage and have a hold on that townhouse you're interested in!

We are sending loads of good wishes that a wonderful new home comes through, and that you and Cali and Diego are soon all settling in to your own new space and nothing but peace in your lives.

{{{{{HUGS}}}}} and ~~~~PURRRS~~~~ and from Pat and Galaxy and Sparkler
    Death thought about it.

I'm sorry to hear that. Good riddance of that jerk!
    But I'm glad and happy for you that you will move with your kitties, and start life anew, especially after what you have been through.
    I'm enjoying my new found freedom very much, and I think it has a great ring to saying: "It's me and my cats!" That's really all you need.

Blog Entries
    I hope you can start afresh soon! Definately life will be so much sweeter with only you and the cats ❤️ I have been with my husband about 30 yrs. I think but, I recoil in horror when I recall some of my past, common law spouses 😱😫🙈😳🤢💩 Wishing you nothing but health and happiness, always💕❤️

Just wanted to give you an update on our move. I have purchased a townhouse, brand new, we take possession August 20th, the movers will move my things August 22nd. Cali and Diego will visit the Country Club Pet Resort during the move so they stay out of harms way. Was a busy weekend of packing, sorting and purging. Will be taking the purged items to the Meow Foundation Thrift Store to support the local kitty rescue.
    Gayle - self proclaimed Queen of Poop
    Mommy to: Cali (14 year old kitten)
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21

Excellent plan.

Love your attitude!
    I've Been Frosted