Thread: Westminster

Blog Entries

Westminster

Wow, finally caught a couple highlights from the dog show. Sir King was absolutely a winner. Verb was clearly...priceless!!!

2. He is indeed a very handsome little fellow but i was wanting a different breed to take home the ribbon for a change. oh well maybe next time

Blog Entries
    I agree. Boston terriers are so underrated, as are pit bulls.

Blog Entries
    Ooooops, and chihuahua's of course! Pardon me 😳

5. agreed LOL

The Westminster dog show is next week! Yay! I love seeing all the dogs- small and big, fluffy or short sleek coats, and everything in between!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

I'm already planning my life around getting home from work in time to watch it!
    Gayle - self proclaimed Queen of Poop
    Mommy to: Cali (14 year old kitten)
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21

8. Hope you can make it
    ive been stuck watching recordings of it instead since i cant seem to make it in time

What happened to the big black dog in the sporting (?) group? I turned it on and heard the judge say she couldn't examine the dog. Was the dog frightened? I've never seen a dog get scared like that.
    Edited to add: it was the Irish spaniel . It seemed like something frightened the dog in that just that one moment. The dog and handler walked away from the judge. I hope the dog was not hurt or in pain. I had just turned it on. It seemed to happen fast.
    Last edited by cassiesmom; 02-11-2020 at 10:39 PM.

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

I enjoyed watching part of the Westminster show tonight!

Blog Entries

Hello.

Who do think sould have won?
    I think the grate dane sould have!
    Hello from:
    Amber, belle my adorable furbabies.
    And my parakeets buddie and beadie.

Oh my goodness! I missed the first night of the Westminster show but I found some of it on line. I'd like to hug the Petit Basset Griffon Vendéen! The real Buddy Holly and I share a birthday, too ... go Buddy Holly PBGV! I love to see all of the dogs - big and little, sleek, fluffy and wonderful! Roger Caras: "Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole."

13. that's usually how i end up having to watch it is via a video online LOL
    seen "Buddy Holly" on the Today Show. very cute little dude

that's pretty cool that you share the same birthday with the real one

The second night of the Westminster show is being shown on Fox Sports One tonight I know who the winner is, but I didn't see all the groups. If it was up to me, every dog would get a Best in Show ribbon!

(Dog people... what if you've adopted a shelter dog? Can your dog get an award or recognition for things like knowing their dog skills, making therapy visits, being good at agility, that sort of thing?)

15. the Westminster is a real stickler when it comes to faults and if there are any the dog would never win in show ring even with knowing the dogs entire history.

in agility however none of that stuff matters and as long as the dog has the drive for it and beats the other dogs in the course the dog will win awards. same with therapy. long the your dog has the right personality and training and meets all the requirements and gets certificated to be a therapy dog nothing that Westminster considers a fault matters and can do therapy visits etc as long as it's approved by the school or hospital or where ever the visiting will be taking place.