Thread: Olive is sick

Threaded View

Olive is sick

Olive developed an upper respiratory infection about 5 days ago, and I am very scared.
    Olive was diagnosed with cardiomyopathy 7 years ago, and she has been doing well on her medication.
    Another thing she had going on for all of her life are really bad stools, soft and bloody. They never affected her adversely and she just lives with it.
    She had an ultrasound a few years ago, and nothing was found. Of course, they suggested biopsies, but I won't put her under anesthesia because of her heart.
    A few days ago, her vet suggested to try steroids for her stools because she's loosing weight. Heart issues and steroids together are usually a big no-no. She said to just watch her breathing, and to take her off the meds if there's an issue.
    I was a little hesitant, but I started her on prednisolone. A few days later, she started sneezing. Steroids lower the immune systems, so I immediately took her off.
    She is getting worse, barely wants to eat, and sleeps all day. Her chest sounded clear yesterday, but I'm worried she might develop pneumonia.
    I'll take her back to work tomorrow to get antibiotics.
    Please send some healing thoughts for sweet Olive.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Willa (5/1/1997-3/17/2018)