Thread: Wonderful Bert and Lily

Wonderful Bert and Lily

Dear Bert and Lily, you are a gorgeous couple. You are both so soft looking, and you have the sweetest faces.
    I am sorry that your parents' previous kitty Michue passed away. Bert, you tried to be friends with her, but she was just not feeling well enough.
    And then, Lily came along, and you two became best friends. Your pictures say it all.
    Bert and Lily, there could not be a more precious couple of kitties than the two of you, and I wish you and your parents a great day full of celebration, and many more happy and healthy years together.
    Willa (5/1/1997-3/17/2018)

Dearest Bert and Lily, what a gorgeous couple you are! You are both beautiful in those great photos, which show PURRRfectly how well you are matched! Your fur is so pretty and so soft-looking, with different Tabby patterns and colors that harmonize so nicely, and your sweet faces show your happiness and contentment so well. I wish I could reach through the screen and over to New York City to pet you both! I can't, of course, but I know your loving and beloved Purrrsons will pet you for me .

And what a nice story you have to tell! Bert, you came to live with your dear Purrrsons and their dear cat Michue three years ago. Michue wasn't well enough to be friendly with you, and we're sorry that she passed away a year later. Then Lily joined the family. She was shy at first but you soon convinced her she was safe. Now you have the companion and playmate you'd always wished for! You two are the best of friends, and you make your dear Purrrsons smile with all your antics and energy. You all love each other very much, don't you. What a wonderful love-filled home you all share!

Congratulations, darling Bert and Lily, on being chosen today's Cats of the Day! We hope you both and your dear Purrrsons and all your family and friends are enjoying a fine celebration, full of fun and lovies and all your favorite games and treats. We know Michue Angel is rejoicing with you at the Rainbow Bridge!

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Blog Entries
    Bert and Lily are awsome! I am so happy Bert has a loving freind like Lily to spend his days with, sounds like he's a lover! They are the most adorable and excellent COTD!!

Congratulations on being Cat of the Day, Bert and Lily!
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana

Two for Tuesday with Bert and Lily!

Bert is our Orange Tabby, and he is six years old. We adopted Bert three years ago from the ASPCA. He was very shy at first but has slowly warmed up to us. When he first moved in, he made a valiant effort to befriend or other cat at the time, 16 year old Michue, but she was old and sick and not really interested in his attentions. He tried his hardest, poor boy.

When Michue passed a year later, we adopted Lily, also from the ASPCA. We knew he didn't want to be an only child, so to speak. After a few days of her hiding in the closet and under the desk, Bert convinced Lily that she was somewhere safe. Now Lily and Bert are clearly the best of friends, and he has the companion and playmate he always wished for.

We get many hours of enjoyment watching Bert and Lily play together. They are always our Cats of the Day.
    Hello, beautiful Lily and Bert! Happy, happy Cats of the Day!

What a sweet pair of kitties you are! Bert, you are a handsome orange tabby fellow, and Lily, you are a lovely tabby lady! You are the best of friends after Bert helped Lily to understand she was safe and it was okay not to hide. You are companions and playmates! Your people receive many hours of enjoyment watching you play together! I agree with my friend mon - you are adorable and excellent Cats of the Day!

Happy Cats of the Day to you, sweeties, not only today but every day!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Bert and Lily

When I first saw the picture of Bert and Lily, for a second or so, I thought I was looking at our Fergus and Bronwyn! I've been trying to upload or insert a photo, but can't get it to work.