Thread: Monroe left me this evening...

Monroe left me this evening...

My sweet and crazy bottle-fed baby Monroe left me this evening! He was almost 11.
    His appetite wasn't very good the past couple of days, and then this evening, he wouldn't eat at all and he hid under the bed.
    Then he came out, crying in distress and falling over. I rushed him to the emergency clinic, where they diagnosed him with a saddle thrombus. That's a blod clot that cuts off the blood supply to the rear legs. It's incredibly painful, and treatments are usually unsuccessful. Cats with heart issues are more likely to develop those clots.
    When I heard the diagnosis, I knew that the right thing to do was to let him go.
    I wasn't ready for him to leave so suddenly. He was the nuttiest kitty I've ever known, and I have known him since he was 4 days old.
    Rest in peace, sweet, crazy Monroe! I will always love you!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	monhap.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	52.2 KB 
ID:	61420
    Willa (5/1/1997-3/17/2018)

Oh my goodness. I am so very sorry to learn this news. Sweet Monroe Big hugs to cats4ever and the other kitties at the House of Cats.

Thinking of you with ,
    Elyse
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

I am so very sorry for your loss.
    Gayle - self proclaimed Queen of Poop
    Mommy to: Cali (14 year old kitten)
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21

Blog Entries
    My heart goes out to you, I am so very sorry for your sudden loss of precious Monroe. I love his picture, what a beautiful cat. Again, so very sorry.

Oh, no, Heidi. I am so very sorry. Such a beautiful, precious boy! What a shock for you all.

You did the right thing to let him go, but what an awful decision to have to make so suddenly.

Monroe is pain-free now, at the Rainbow Bridge. You know he is with you always, looking down and sending love, love which you and he have shared since he was four days old.

I wish I could reach out and hug you all right now. I am sending you big virtual hugs.

Deepest sympathy and love to you all,
    Pat and kitties
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

I am sorry, Heidi!

He will be waiting for you at Rainbow Bridge!
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana

Our condolences, he was a handsome boy and obviously much loved. Picture him him now at the Rainbow Bridge, happy and healthy where you will meet him some day.
    I've Been Frosted

Liebe Heidi, es tut mir so leide, mein herzliches Beileid. RIP dearest Monroe.
    I am so sorry to read this.

Heidi, I'm SO sorry you have lost Monroe, and so sudden - what a shock.

You did everything you could for your beautiful boy and he has had a wonderful life with you. Treassure the memories and know he is at peace now.

Big ((((hugs))) Take care!

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Oh no...oh no no no....

Monroe was SO special! SO loved.

I know how it hurts, Heidi. Sweet baby cat (no matter the age).

Play at the Bridge, darling Monroe.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

I am so grateful for all of you.
    All of a sudden, feeding time is so boring and so fast. No more pill preparation, no more coaxing (which was necessary occasionally), no more wet nose peeking over my shoulder when I'm on the computer...
    I prepared his precious little body for cremation today. Our hospital has a crematory in the basement.
    This is the first time I chose cremation. All the other kitties are resting in the garden.
    Monroe, I still hear your loud purr and I can feel your rough tongue on my fore head. There will never be another one like you!

Here he is, at about 10 days old:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	monbaby.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	26.4 KB 
ID:	61423
    Last edited by cats4ever; 01-25-2019 at 06:53 PM.
    Willa (5/1/1997-3/17/2018)

Blog Entries
    Monroes little infant photo is priceless. There will certainly never be one like Monroe. So sorry, very sorry.

What an adorable, precious kitten!

Love to you, Monroe Angel, and love to all your family who miss you and grieve you and love you so much. Deepest sympathy to you all.

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Oh no Heidi, I'm so sorry for this....
    Monroe was way to young to go to the Bridge, and this happened so suddenly .....
    It is so very hard to have to let go one of your dear pets....., I know, since I lost 3 of my 4 girls in only 9 months...
    Im stil not over that huge loss
    I'm sending you tons of hugs for you......

Rest in peace dear Monroe
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge