Thread: Snowstorm Harper 2019

Snowstorm Harper 2019

The news has been hyping this for days. Anyone being hit by it yet? The Belmont-Watertown church I used to go to cancelled church yesterday ahead of the storm that isn;t even supposed to hit until this afternoon, as the city put a parking ban in place already.

Are you prepared?

Neat fact - Harper is my baby grand niece Sophia's middle name!

The puppy and the dog are off at Bicuit's other family's home for a visit for a couple weeks - they both adore the snow, so I will miss seeing them frolic in it!
    I've Been Frosted

The snow has been coming down steadily here since about 9am. It's the light, fluffy stuff, but it's building up. Supposed to keep falling through mid to late afternoon. Maybe 4-5 inches accumulation predicted.

I'm all set! We have enough food and stuff for a while. I'm sure glad I have a carport space to put my car in when needed (like when it's snowing like this), and that I don't have to drive anywhere today.

This morning I took a walk over to Trader Joe's, around the block and down a bit. Not bad, took some slow, careful walking.

Karen, is it supposed to hit you folks in Vermont?

Best wishes, all!

from Galaxy and Sparkler and Pat, in the northern Midwest.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

I hope that you all stay safe through the storm!
    Here in the South, we are only getting some really cold temperatures starting Sunday night through Tuesday.
    Willa (5/1/1997-3/17/2018)

It is supposed to hit here late afternoon, and continue until tomorrow afternoon. We are predicted to get somewhere between 18" and 2 feet (24") but we usually get more up here at Wren's Grove than they predict. When arriving at ceramics the other evening, I commented, "Windham, where predicted 'flurries' require shoveling." and was met with affirmative nods all around.
    I've Been Frosted

Yow!!!!!

Keep safe, all of you!

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.

Now, funny enough, the latest forecast circled a small area that included my part of southern Vermont and said 30" (For metric folks, that's 0.762 meters)! The snow has just begun, tiny flakes that look like fog from a distance.
    I've Been Frosted

Sending along good wishes that you and all stay safe and warm, Karen!

Death thought about it.

We've got 6 inches (15 cm) of snow in my part of Chicago. It's not snowing now but it has gotten much more windy outside. I don't like winter storms!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Please stay safe and warm everybody!
    Here, the wind picked up to 30mph gusts, and the temperature continues to drop. Tonight, it will be in the teens.
    I wonder how many folks will brave the cold to watch the lunar eclipse tonight. I'd love to see it, but I will be asleep!
    Willa (5/1/1997-3/17/2018)

Please stay safe and warm.
    Gayle - self proclaimed Queen of Poop
    Mommy to: Cali (14 year old kitten)
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21

We are up to 13.8 inches in Albany NY. Not really as much as I expected but the roads are awful!

Pretty sure we have over a foot now, but more is falling, and it's hard to tell. Anyone wanna see pictures?
    I've Been Frosted