I recently have fostered this handsome old man and his brother from a local shelter. He is 20 years old and has early stage kidney failure and unfortunately is deaf also. He was turned in to the shelter with his brother (of the same age and condition minus being deaf) on Christmas eve, where they both were ignored by people due to their age. They were very sad as they were now separated for the first time in twenty years. We immediately adopted them together. When he had been in my home for one day, he was already loving life. Super friendly and a big old baby.

He doesn't seem to be bothered by his deafness. He does meow but it's normal volume. On their first night in their new home, they would both meow at separate times. I could calm his brother by making a sound and he would come running. But poor old Godzilla I would get up go to him make sure he was calm and I would go back to bed.

You just have to make vibrations before going up to him so you don't startle him . As for activities he doesn't seem to do much due to his front legs but he does enjoy a good petting and loves his face rubbed.

They have early stage kidney failure but it hasnt progressed enough to be placed on medication but they have many appointments already booked for blood work and testing to keep on top of it.

I feel he should be honored for the simple fact as someone left them but he is showing how happy and strong they are.

Hello, gorgeous white cat Godzilla and hello to your brother, too! Happy Cat of the Day!

I am so happy that your people adopted you and your brother, making sure you were together again. Your fur looks very plush and soft to pet! I like your sweet face and your beautiful eyes!

You started to love life again on the first day in your new home! You are super friendly, and a big baby! You enjoy petting or having your face stroked You and your brother both meowed the first night you were home, and your person came to check on you and make sure you were okay. Your person has figured out how not to startle you, and has arranged for you and your brother to see the doctor for your kidney disease.

I am happy to honor you and your brother, and your people for providing you with love and care in your senior years! PURR-fect! Happy, happy Cat of the Day to dear Godzilla and your brother!