Thread: Gorgeous Godzilla!

Gorgeous Godzilla!

I recently have fostered this handsome old man and his brother from a local shelter. He is 20 years old and has early stage kidney failure and unfortunately is deaf also. He was turned in to the shelter with his brother (of the same age and condition minus being deaf) on Christmas eve, where they both were ignored by people due to their age. They were very sad as they were now separated for the first time in twenty years. We immediately adopted them together. When he had been in my home for one day, he was already loving life. Super friendly and a big old baby.

He doesn't seem to be bothered by his deafness. He does meow but it's normal volume. On their first night in their new home, they would both meow at separate times. I could calm his brother by making a sound and he would come running. But poor old Godzilla I would get up go to him make sure he was calm and I would go back to bed.

You just have to make vibrations before going up to him so you don't startle him . As for activities he doesn't seem to do much due to his front legs but he does enjoy a good petting and loves his face rubbed.

They have early stage kidney failure but it hasnt progressed enough to be placed on medication but they have many appointments already booked for blood work and testing to keep on top of it.

I feel he should be honored for the simple fact as someone left them but he is showing how happy and strong they are.

Hello, gorgeous white cat Godzilla and hello to your brother, too! Happy Cat of the Day!

I am so happy that your people adopted you and your brother, making sure you were together again. Your fur looks very plush and soft to pet! I like your sweet face and your beautiful eyes!

You started to love life again on the first day in your new home! You are super friendly, and a big baby! You enjoy petting or having your face stroked You and your brother both meowed the first night you were home, and your person came to check on you and make sure you were okay. Your person has figured out how not to startle you, and has arranged for you and your brother to see the doctor for your kidney disease.

I am happy to honor you and your brother, and your people for providing you with love and care in your senior years! PURR-fect! Happy, happy Cat of the Day to dear Godzilla and your brother!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Blog Entries
    Godzilla is a magnificent COTD! Whoever you are, you deserve to be honoured as well for adopting not only Godzilla but his bro as well! You are just the best peeps and I am certain you are making these cats lives wonderful and safe! Nothing like premium senior living with lots of love and spoiling added! Best true story ever😻

Dearest Godzilla, you are gorgeous indeed! What a strikingly beautiful kitty you are, with that thick, soft-looking white fur and that sweet face with the cute pink nose and those lovely big eyes! You are so pretty in both of those great photos, so noble in that first one with your paws crossed and that wise look in your eyes. And then, there you are totally relaxed in the second one! I wish I could reach through the screen and up over to Halifax, Nova Scotia to pet you, and pet your brother too. I can't, of course, but I know your loving and beloved Purrrson will pet you both for me .

And what a wonderful story you have to tell! Your dear Purrrson fostered and then adopted you and your brother after you'd been turned in to the shelter at age 20 years! You'd both been very sad as you'd been separated for the first time in your lives, but after one day in your new Furrrever home, you were loving life again! You are deaf but aren't bothered by it. Your dear Purrrson knows to make vibrations before approaching you so as not to startle you. You and your brother both have early-stage kidney failure which hasn't progressed enough to require medication. You're being carefully monitored and tested in order to remain on top of it. You and your dear brother and Purrrson all love each other very much, don't you. What a delightful love-filled home you share!

Congratulations, darling Godzilla, on being chosen today's Cat of the Day! We hope you and your dear brother (maybe a future COTD?!!!) and Purrrson and all your family and friends are enjoying a fine celebration, full of fun and lovies and all your favorite games and treats.

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

The more I hear sad stories about cats and other animals being surrendered it makes my blood boil. Christmas Eve?? Very sad for these two brothers. And being ignored just makes the situation worse.

You, dear parent of these darling boys are an angel, but hardly in disguise! Bless you for taking them in and providing a safe and warm home for those old bones. If they could speak, I know the conversation would be filled with loving words and endless thanks.

Yes, your sweet Godzilla definitely deserves the title of COTD! I’m glad you nominated him (his bro, too) and I wish Godzilla and his brother many happy, healthy years with you!❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️😢
    Loving meowmie to Archy & Binky (RIP my sweet boy 10/13/10)

=^..^=

I

Dear Godzilla, what a handsome boy you are. Your beautiful white coat looks so soft and plush, and I just love your sweet face.
    Your and your brother's story of rescue and starting life anew, at 20 yrs of age, made my day. It is not often that someone comes along, willing to adopt a couple of senior kitties to make their golden years worth living!
    Even though your kidneys don't work as well anymore, you are living life to the fullest, and being deaf is not a big deal to you. You rest a lot, but you love to be petted and having your face rubbed.
    Godzilla, you and your brother deserve only the best, and your wonderful humans are giving you two all the love and the best care possible.
    I wish you, your brother and your parents a great day full of celebration, and I hope that all of you have many more years together.
    Willa (5/1/1997-3/17/2018)

What a wonderful story.
    Happy Cat of the Day, George!
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana

Godzilla

Dearest Godzilla,

You are so beautiful and handsome. I love your pure white fur and your big golden eyes! You are one special boy who deserves all the love in the world .
    Words cannot express how happy I am to hear that you and your sweet brother got adopted on Christmas Eve so you wouldn't have to spend Christmas alone in the shelter. You both deserve a happy and loving home.
    You and your brother have had 20 years together, I don't know what you've been through but your still going strong! Being deaf doesn't stop you from being living a happy and content life! I hope you stay happy and healthy for much longer!
    Godzilla, you and your brother will always be remembered and loved . May the rest of your lives be filled with peace, love, treats, and the best scratches and rubs!
    Best wishes, Godzilla, because you deserve the very best!

Concatulations gorgeous Godzilla and your brothher. You are the most deserving COTD.
    Many thanks to your family for adopting you and your bro. Enjoy your day sweetheart. Hope to get to know your brother as well.

Congratulations on being honored as Cat of the Day, Godzilla!

What a handsome white boy you are. Your coat is so beautiful and soft - and your golden eyes stunning, and you have the sweetest face.

I am SO upset to hear that you and your brother were abandoned at the age of 20 - how can anyone even think of it! No wonder you felt sad and lonely, being separated from your brother, too.

We all know that very few will adopt senior kitties, but you were lucky your new family fell in love and took you both home. Thank you so much to them.

It didn't take long for you to settle in and feel at home, and I can just tell you will be spoiled for the rest of your life. Being deaf doesn't seem to bother you, you still enjoy some cuddles and face rubs, and your mom is careful not to startle you.

Although you are in the early stage of kidney failure, your family are on top of it and sees to it that you get the medication you need.

Have fun with your brother and family, get lots of cuddles and face rubs. I wish you and your brother a happy safe life filled with love for the rest of your days!

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.