Thread: Wendell the Big Softie!

Wendell the Big Softie!

Hi! My name is Wendell and I am a 25-pound Maine Coon cat. I live in Connecticut with my family and one cat brother, Brody, who thinks I am his mother and two annoying cat sisters, Cleo and Samantha who torture me incessantly! I love my Mom and two human sisters but I live for the moment my Dad comes home! I follow him around crying at him with my little baby cry until he stops and picks me up. That makes me happy. Since I am a Maine Coon cat I don't do laps but I am always sitting next to my people either on the sofa or the floor. I have to direct their activities, don't I?

My main occupations are sleeping and eating. I am the keeper of the food dishes. My dad always makes sure that he puts down four different cans of cat food. I then come running to sample the smorgasbord and plant myself in front of the dish that appeals the most to me. Since I am a big softie, I always let my brother or sisters eat out of the same dish with me if that is the flavor they want. I love to chase my sister Samantha who is a big sissy! After all these years she hasn't realized that all I want to do is play with her! My mom brought a new kitten into the house a few years ago after her tuxedo cat, Ben, died. I wasn't too sure about him at first, but the girls weren't taking care of him, so I stepped in as 'Mr. Mom!' The picture of me here is of the first night Brody came to live with us. I was sleeping and Brody just snuggled up to me! I opened one eye, and then rolled over so he could sleep up next to me.

Wendell is a big clown. He is the most good-natured cat we have ever had. People who don't like cats love him since he is so dog-like, but that is a characteristic of Maine coons. We love our Wendell!
    Hello, Wendell in Connecticut! Happy Cat of the Day!

What a gorgeous Maine Coon cat you are! I like your sweet face and your soft, fluffy fur! You look very nice in your grey and white morning suit!

You are a daddy's guy- when he is home, you follow him around and give your baby cry until he stops and picks you up, which makes you happy! You sit next to your people either on the sofa or on the floor. This allows you to direct their activities!

You are in charge at meal time! There are four kitties in your family, and your dad gives all of you a selection of different foods. You choose the one you want, and share with your brother or sisters if they would like the same one. You are a wonderful "Mr. Mom" to Brody! I'm sure you get along well with your sisters too! You are a sweet and good-natured softie!

Happy Cat of the Day to Wendell! Love to Brody, Cleo and Samantha too!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Dearest Wendell, what a gorgeous guy you are! You are an absolutely striking example of the Maine Coon kitty type, with the long, fluffy fur that looks so soft and those huge, bushy paws and that sweet face that looks so relaxed and content as you rest there. Thank you for sharing that great photo with us! What a good 'Mr. Mom!' you were (and still are) for your little brother Brody, who joined the family a few years ago after Mom's beloved tuxedo cat, Ben, died. I wish I could reach through the screen and over to Connecticut to pet you, and pet Brody and your sisters Cleo and Samantha too! I can't, of course, but I know your loving and beloved human Mom and Dad will pet you all for me .

And what a delightful Purrrsonality you have! Your main occupations are sleeping and eating, very important tasks that you perform with great expertise. You're the keeper of the food dishes, making sure that Dad puts down four different cans of cat food. You choose the one that appeals most to you, and you even let the other cats eat from your dish if they want that flavor. You love to chase Samantha, who doesn't realize that you just want to play. You are very affectionate, a big clown, say your Purrrents. You're the most good-natured cat they've ever had! You're always near them, and you love it when Dad picks you up. You kitties and they all love each other very much, don't you. What a wonderful love-filled home you share!

Congratulations, darling Wendell, on being chosen today's Cat of the Day! We hope you and your dear Purrrents and Brody and Cleo and Samantha and all your family and friends are enjoying a fine celebration, full of fun and lovies and all your favorite games and treats. We know that Ben Angel is rejoicing with you at the Rainbow Bridge!

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Dear Wendell, what an absolutely stunning Maine Coon boy you are. You look incredibly soft with all your fluff, and your face is as sweet as it can be.
    This picture with you, "Mr. Mom", and your then little brother Brody made my day!
    You have the most important job in your home, you are the keeper of the food dishes. Your dad presents you with a smorgasbord, so you can pick whatever you desire. Since you are a big softie, you let your sisters pick the flavor they like.
    You might not be a lap kitty, but you make your dad pick you up when he comes home, all of your 25 pounds.
    Your other specialty is converting non-cat people into cat lovers. The magic of cats!
    Wendell, you are as special as they come, and I wish you, your kitty siblings and your parents a great day full of celebration, and many more happy and healthy years together.
    Willa (5/1/1997-3/17/2018)

What a handsome Maine Coon you are Wendell. Your long fur look so soft.

Congratulations on being Cat of the Day!
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana