Thread: R.I.P. Charlie girl

R.I.P. Charlie girl

Charlie showed up in our front yard about 5 years ago- a sweet little brown-tabby Maine-coon type girl, not young, but very hungry and a little disheviled. She never left. After a few days of feeding her and making much of her outside, and asking all over for any info (unsuccessfully), we brought her in to stay.
    She was a totally sweet girl, never gave anyone any problems- she loved to sleep on my head at night and purr, and would sit on my chest for hours as well. For 5 years she did very well, providing only a few slight reminders of her age by showing not-great kidney values and getting some sub-cu fluids from time to time- but she was happy, healthy and very sweet......
    Until early this week, when she ate her breakfast but refused dinner. A trip to the vets showed alarming kidney values and she went on IV fluids for 3 days- the values came down some, but not enough, and she still wasn't herself at all- and she still hadn't eaten by this morning...... probably the building toxins in her blood from the renal failure were making her feel too sick to eat.... so this morning we let Charlie go to Rainbow Bridge. VERY sad...... such a sweet cat, even at the end she was happy to see me and purred and head-butted me, as sick as she obviously was....... goodbye, sweet Charlie- play hard at the bridge and say hi to your many departed brothers and sisters there..... we'll see you again.....

And typically-- Angel, a 3 year old rescue from a local Arby's, who's never slept with us EVER, has slept on my head the last 4 nights, starting the night after Charlie went to the vet's- and Etta, a black kitten, has been parking on my chest and purring...... they know, they see the need and they try to fill in........

Not the way to start the Christmas holidays, losing another fur-child.... but for the time she lived with us, she lived a VERY good, happy life........ and she knew how much she was loved, and paid back a hundredfold.....

Bowlkat
    "If they could cross Man with the cat, it would improve
    Man, but it would deteriorate the cat." - Mark Twain

I am very sorry for the loss of your sweet Charlie!
    You gave her so much love and care, and she repaid you with equal love and trust.
    You spared her from needless suffering, and you let her go selflessly.
    Dear Charlie, be happy and healthy at the Rainbow Bridge, and keep watching over your family.
    Willa (5/1/1997-3/17/2018)

Aww, our condolences. Rest in peace, pretty Charlie.
    I've Been Frosted

Dear Bowlkat, I am so very sorry to learn of the loss of your beautiful, beloved Charlie girl. What a wonderful story of rescue and love you have to tell here, and what a wonderful life she has shared with you! She came into your lives by surprise about five years ago, and she never left. The sweetest kitty, sleeping on your head at night and purring, sitting on your chest for hours.. Then early this week kidney failure took over, she could not recover, and you let her go, selflessly, sparing her further suffering.

My deepest sympathy to you and all your family members and friends who love Charlie and grieve her and miss her so much. How lovely that kitties Angel and Etta are doing their best to help comfort you!

Now Charlie is a glorious Angel at the Rainbow Bridge, whole and healthy again, playing like a kitten with all those other loving and beloved Angels. She is watching over you all and sending down love. May your precious memories and keepsakes help to bring you comfort and peace, especially at this holiday season.

Dearest Charlie Angel, please send some Angelic purrrs to the hearts of your dear family members to reassure them that love is eternal, you are with them always, and you will all be together again, One Fine Day..

{{{{{HUGS}}}}} and ~~~~PURRRS~~~~ and from Pat and Sparkler and Galaxy and all the Angels
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Blog Entries
    So very sorry for your loss of Charlie Girl. Angel and Etta sure love you and are comforting you, how beautiful is that. In my experience, cats can heal your heart. I wish that Charlie Girl would have lived forever, but my wish came true because I know she will live forever in your heart. Bear hugs to you.