Thread: Burglars.......

Burglars.......

Yesterday evening we 've got burglars in our house.....
    We left our house around 4 pm, and came back home at 8.20 pm.
    As soon as our garage door opened, we saw that the door into our living room was open.

That's something we NEVER do because we don't want our cats to go in the garage and into the cellar (the steps to go there are in the garage)
    Then we saw that the door leading to the "sleeping part of the house" stood open too. From there you can go to our bedroom and our bathroom.
    The living room continues in the library and then in the kitchen. In de kitchen they smashed the glass door to the patio with a stone or so, the hole was really large, so the floor was covered with a huge amount of broken glass.....
    In the bedroom they were obviously looking for money and jewelry, because the bed was covered with the content of my small bedroom cabinet.
    And most important: the safe was OPEN, the front door was forced and was damaged with a heavy hammer... ; the hammer is still laying there, and..... it is one from Bernard, which they must have stolen from Bernard's toolbox in the garage......
    There was a large about of money in the safe, and that's all gone............
    They did NOT find the jewelry case with all my golden jewels..... ! I am happy for this because my mom's golden watch, mom and dad's wedding ring, mom's favorite golden hanger with a ruby on it !

I feel like a stranger in my own house, I am so scande to go into another room on my own.....
    This all feels so yuckie, so soiled.....:
    Last edited by Maya & Inka's mommy; 12-07-2018 at 04:39 AM.
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge

Oh Lut, I'm really sorry to hear this. Inka and Snoopy must have been scared - where did you find them? It's just horrible to come home and find that strangers have gone though all your personal things... and losing money, too, but I'm glad they didn't steal your jewellery.

I imagine you called the police immediately - what did they say? It's quite a job to find out what you have lost, but I hope the insurance will cover it. Make a list of everything.

Good luck! Sending (((hugs)))

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Oh, Out - I how the police came and got enough evidence to catch these criminals! So sad for you, Bernard and the kitties! How scary! You will be in our prayers!
    I've Been Frosted

Oh, Lut, I am so sorry. How awful, how frightening for you and Bernard, and the kitties, too. How are Inka and Snoopy doing?

Such an invasion of your personal spaces, your souls even. I'm glad the thieves didn't get your jewelry. I hope the police will catch these crooks and get you back at least some of your belongings.

Thinking of you and sending our loving best wishes,

{{{{{HUGS}}}}} and ~~~~PURRRS~~~~ and from Pat and Sparkler
    Last edited by phesina; 12-05-2018 at 08:55 PM.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Lut, I am so very sorry! What a nightmare. I can imagine that your house doesn't feel like a home right now.
    Hopefully, those lowlifes will be found and held responsible.
    Willa (5/1/1997-3/17/2018)

Lut, I am sorry. I hope they will be caught.
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana

HUGS. Lut, that must have been terrifying!

I hope the police are able to catch those crooks. I hope your money can be recouped, maybe through insurance.

I hope your kitties are okay!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Blog Entries
    I'm so sorry you had to go through this. There are some really rotten sods in this world and no way to predict where or when these freaks will show up and rob good folks because they don't want to work for a living. I'm glad you all weren't physically harmed and hope one day you can put this trauma behind you. As for the kind of creeps that do this type of crime, I could cuss them out for far longer than anyone would listen. Keep the faith, karma will bite these dreadful fools big time one fine day.

I am very sorry Lut. I am surprised that nobody noticed since it happened during the day. Since the days are getting shorter, we are
    advised by the police to watch out between 4 and 6pm. I hope the burglars are cought soon. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by mbsmum View Post
    I am very sorry Lut. I am surprised that nobody noticed since it happened during the day.
    Indeed!! In fact, our neighbours at our left side, heard lots of noise around 8pm..... ; that man said that they thought "Bernard (my hubby) is sure making very much noise now...!"
    Yeah, I cannot understand why that man didn't try to contact us or even to call the police....!

Inka wasn't really scared at all; She was standing there in the middle of the living room, and then walken directly to her bed as soon as we came home.
    Snoopy though was scared to death!! Because the hole in the kitchen window, we thougt that she ran away or so. But she went into hiding and we couldn't find her! Nearly half an hour later, she left her huidig spot and meowded to us, looking at us with her startled eyes... . We are glad that none of our kitties were lost or killed...!

But..., there is one thing I didn't tell in my story I wrote here yesterday! While Bernard was still in the garage, he yells at me to put the alarm lights on ( these are outside, at every corner of our house). The moment I was about ready to push the button, ALL lights in our house went out . The fuge box is in the garage....-> there must have been one of the thiefs in the garage ; at that very moment Bernard was in the garage too, but as all lights were out, he didn't see anybody. .... . He realised though that we were in much danger, but he stayed completely calm, came in the livingroom, locked the door to the garage, took me by my arm and asked (still very calm) to go to the hall, and then also locked the door to the livingroom behind us. Then he called the police. Those 10 minutes before the police arrived, These 10 minutes seemed like the most scary thing I ever was in...!

We are sure we came home only minutes before the burglars broke, because the only place where they went was our bedroom where the safe is. We are also sure now that they left the house in the backdoor of the garage, de door to go into the garden, because we found an item and also a 2 note of 50 euro and one of 20 euro in the garden, one of them very near the pence to one of our neigbours there. They must have bolt out via our friends garden and then ran to there car somewhere.... !
    The police is almost sure that the burglars were gypsy's or east Europians, because the always "work" like this: make a hole in a window, push a kid into the house, and this kid's job is to open a door to the garden, and then stand on the lookout for the inhabitants of the house coming home....
    It is almost sure that we will never will see our money back, because on money there is no name.....
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge

Good grief, Lut. What a nightmare!

I am so glad that you and Bernard and kitties are safe!!! You all do a fantastic job of looking after each other.

I hope the police catch those disgusting crooks.

{{{{{HUGS}}}}} and ~~~~PURRRS~~~~ and from Pat and Sparkler
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

I'm afraid the cross will never bevond... .
    The police told us that this happened to uncountable times in many more houses in our village.
    They recognize the way those burglars "work" !
    In our house the thiefs worked used the methode of a gang of Romanians (from Bulgaria): they make a big hole in one window, then they push a kid inside.
    His job is always to open a door to let the others in, and he/she must look if nobody gets home.!
    As soo as he/she saw our car arriving, he told the others, and they bolt out as fast as they could....

Quote Originally Posted by Maya & Inka's mommy View Post
    Indeed!! In fact, our neighbours at our left side, heard lots of noise around 8pm..... ; that man said that they thought "Bernard (my hubby) is sure making very much noise now...!"
    Yeah, I cannot understand why that man didn't try to contact us or even to call the police....!

Inka wasn't really scared at all; She was standing there in the middle of the living room, and then walken directly to her bed as soon as we came home.
    Snoopy though was scared to death!! Because the hole in the kitchen window, we thougt that she ran away or so. But she went into hiding and we couldn't find her! Nearly half an hour later, she left her huidig spot and meowded to us, looking at us with her startled eyes... . We are glad that none of our kitties were lost or killed...!

But..., there is one thing I didn't tell in my story I wrote here yesterday! While Bernard was still in the garage, he yells at me to put the alarm lights on ( these are outside, at every corner of our house). The moment I was about ready to push the button, ALL lights in our house went out . The fuge box is in the garage....-> there must have been one of the thiefs in the garage ; at that very moment Bernard was in the garage too, but as all lights were out, he didn't see anybody. .... . He realised though that we were in real danger, but he stayed completely calm, came in the livingroom, locked the door to the garage, took me by my arm and asked (still very calm) to go to the hall, and then also locked the door to the livingroom behind us. Then he called the police. Those 10 minutes before the police arrived, These 10 minutes seemed like the most scary thing I ever was in...!

We are sure we came home only minutes before the burglars broke, because the only place where they went was our bedroom where the safe is. We are also sure now that they left the house in the backdoor of the garage, de door to go into the garden, because we found an item and also a 2 note of 50 euro and one of 20 euro in the garden, one of them very near the pence to one of our neigbours there. They must have bolt out via our friends garden and then ran to there car somewhere.... !
    The police is almost sure that the burglars were gypsy's or east Europians, because the always "work" like this: make a hole in a window, push a kid into the house, and this kid's job is to open a door to the garden, and then stand on the lookout for the inhabitants of the house coming home....
    It is almost sure that we will never will see our money back, because on money there is no name.....