Thread: Purrrfect, Precious Pete!

Purrrfect, Precious Pete!

Dearest Pete, a.k.a. Pizza Mediterranean Kittanunu, you are absolutely gorgeous! Your Grey Tabby mix fur is so pretty, and what an amazingly long tail you have! You have the sweetest face, too, with that white mustache and chin and those lovely big green eyes. Thank you for sharing those great photos with us. You look so relaxed and comfy in all of them! In that one with you showing your tummy, are you asking for a tummy rub? I wish I could reach through the screen and over to Glen Rock, NJ to rub it (only if you want it rubbed, of course) and pet you. I can't, of course, but I know your loving and beloved Purrrsons will rub your tummy (only if you want it rubbed, of course) and pet you for me .

And what a wonderful story you have to tell! Your dear Purrrsons adopted you from a shelter, and we give thanks to them for doing so. What an outstanding example of the terrific pets to be found in shelters you are! You have the most delightful Purrrsonality. You are very smart and have learned to sit, speak, and rub a leg on command (for a cat treat, of course!). When your name is called, you respond with a chirp. You have one peculiar habit: you like company when you go to the litter box. You will follow a human into the bathroom when he or she is about to use the "people litter box." You like to play with fuzzy ponytail holders.. PLEASE don't play with plastic bags! You could swallow one or get caught in the handle and not be able to cough it up or get out, which could lead to a serious medical emergency.

A truly amazing story: At six months of age you were diagnosed with FIP and given less than three months to live, but your dear Purrrsons didn't give up. With a lifetime regimen of Prednisone and vitamins, you are still going strong at eight years! Bless them for their great care and dedication, and bless you for keeping going. May you all be strong and together for a long time yet! You and they all love each other very much, don't you. What a wonderful love-filled home you share!

Congratulations, darling Pete, on being chosen today's Cat of the Day! We hope you and your dear Purrrsons and all your family and friends are enjoying a fine celebration, full of fun and lovies and all your favorite games and treats.

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Dear Pete, what a handsome tabby boy you are. You look so soft and fluffy, and you have the sweetest face. I love your looong tail!
    Even though you were diagnosed as a kitten with usually fatal FIP, your parents didn't give up, and now you are living a full life, with the support of Prednisone and vitamins.
    Your diagnosis means that you have to be an only kitty, but it looks like you are making the best of it, and being an indoor only kitty means that you are safe at all times.
    Pete, you are indeed a miracle kitty, and I wish you and your parents a great day full of celebration, and I hope that you stay as healthy as you are now for many more years.
    Willa (5/1/1997-3/17/2018)

Blog Entries
    I'm so happy Pete is COTD! What a darling and clever one too. I'll just bet he is partly Bengal, it's pretty easy to spot. It's wonderful Pete is getting the excellent care and meds he needs, his peeps did not give up on him, not for one second!! Please give Pete a wee cuddle for me😻

Precious Pete!

Good evening, Pete, a.k.a. Pizza Mediterranean Kittanunu! Happy Cat of the Day to you from a fellow Jerseyan...by way of Tenafly and Demarest!

My Tabby loving heart went squish the moment I saw you up on my Cat of the Day page! You're beautiful, precious beyond words, 16 lbs of pure feline purrfection, and so very deserving of your Cat of the Day crown! If ever there was a poster boy for kitty adoption it's you, Pete! And oh, what an amazing story of survival is yours, Pete! To say you defeated the odds would be an understatement! 7 1/2 years later and still going strong!

Pete is a special kitty because, when he was six months old, he was said to have dry Feline Infectious Peritonitis (FIP), which is normally fatal. The vet who diagnosed it, after a bout of fever and vomiting (and a biopsy), told us that Pete had less than three months to live. But we didn't give up on our Pete. With a lifetime regimen of Prednisone and vitamins, Pete is still going strong. But, sadly - to him, anyway, he must remain an only-cat and can't go outside to play.
    Even the best of vets can get it wrong, and oh boy, didn't he/she get it wrong in your case! 3 months to live? Well, you showed them! A fighter and survivor, a miracle kitty, that you are! And each and every day since that grim prognosis you've not only proven the experts wrong, but brought immeasurable joy, love and laughter to your humans' lives! Your humans treasure each and every day with you, for sure, and I have a feeling, 7 1/2 years later, you've still got a ton more living and loving to do. But now, can we talk about your penchant for accompanying your humans to the bathroom?

How lucky your humans are, having a furkid, a best friend and loving companion as special, as sweet and loving as you in their lives, Pete! You're a treasure!

Thanks for ending my day with a BIG smile, sweetheart! Meeting you, reading your amazing story of survival, learning of the love you have for your humans and they for you, has made my evening! Hope you're enjoying a very special day of celebration, sweetheart...strutting your stuff, impressing the peeps with swayback swagger; playing "kitty in the middle; cuddling with your humans, being loved and pampered to pieces! Lots of love, snuggles and smooches to you, precious Pete, our very special and most deserving Cat of the Day, EVERY day!

SO precious!!!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Glad you are still going strong Pete!
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana

Hello, sweet Pete and happy Cat of the Day!

What a handsome fellow you are, with your sweet face, your l-o-n-g tail, and your purrrrrfect Tabby spots and stripes! *smooch* I am glad you're doing well on your regimen of prednisone and vitamins! You are a busy kitty- scratching on a plastic bag, playing "kitty in the middle", and even accompanying your people to the bathroom! (Kitty and person must not be on opposite sides of a closed bathroom door!) Then it is time to pause and snuggle with your people, and be a camera star! You are a strictly indoor kitty, but I imagine you have a good window seat to keep an eye on all that is going on. It's safe and warm inside, too. Best of all, you are a loved fellow!

Happy, happy Cat of the Day to dear kitty Pete!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Pete

Dear Pete,
    At a young age, you were diagnosed with an illness that was said to be fatal. But here you are today, 8 years later and you are healthy and very well taken care of and loved.
    You have developed some strange habits of your own, like wanting someone to be with you when you use the litter box. That is definitely an odd thing that most cats would not like but it is just on of the things that make you unique!
    You love plastic bags and pawing at water when it spills from the faucet! You are loved just be way you are
    You are so handsome, too! You look just like one of my cats, who is also a grey tabby
    Best wishes to you and your whole family! I hope you are many more years with them!