Thread: Atlas the Survivor!

Atlas the Survivor!

Good morning, Atlas! Happy Dog of the Day!

What a magnificent, hunky, gentle giant of a French Mastiff you are, Atlas, a true survivor with one amazing story to tell!

My emotions ran the gamut, from outrage and anger, to relief, to pure joy, reading your backstory, your daddy's love filled tribute to his beautiful boy. No doubt your guardian angel was working overtime that frightening, fateful day, leading your dad to you and assigning him with one very important task! And while his endurance and resolve were most certainly put to the test as he frantically searched for medical help that horrible day, his pleas for assistance going unanswered, those refusals only served to strengthen his resolve and finally, success! No doubt it was destined to be that you and your family would be as one, Atlas! Your dad may not have ever imagined himself a dog person, but fate will have its way. And if any doggo is capable of turning a reluctant pup parent into a dog lover for life it's you, Atlas, and how well rewarded your daddy's life saving intervention has been rewarded, rewarded with the gift of 120 lbs of pure love, a snoring drool factory and consummate lap dog, a best friend and furry family member for life! Now, not only can he lay claim to the title of proud pet parent, but hero as well! His life saving intervention and heroics, not to mention your indomitable spirit and well to survive, are truly an inspiration to us all.

Endless thanks to your daddy for saving you, for giving us the honor of paying tribute to you and the unbreakable bond of love and trust you and he (and your mom!) share! Meeting you and your family this morning has made my day! I hope you enjoy a very special, well earned day of celebration...cuddling with your mom and dad, meeting up with all of your friends and fans in the neighborhood, being loved and pampered to pieces! Lots of love, big hugs and slobbery smooches to you, beautiful Atlas, our very special and most deserving Dog of the Day, EVERY day!

Goofer!!!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

I can't thank you enough for caring about this animal you didn't even know. You obviously have a huge heart. That's a pretty amazing dog too. I'd say his accident was the best thing that ever happened to both of you and he certainly should be the dog of the day!

Atlas

Name:  dog.jpg
Views: 114
Size:  13.3 KB

Congratulations on being Dog of the Day.
    You are one lucky boy, and your Dad is a real hero.
    Not many (as the story said) would do what he did.
    Now you pay him and your Mom back with love and laughs.
    Celebrate your very special day, and every day.

Dearest Atlas, what a beautiful Dogue de Bordeaux you are! You are such a delightful, happy boy in that great photo. And what an amazing story of rescue and love your dear person has to tell! Bless his heart for saving your life and then bringing you Home, and bless you for surviving and becoming the loving and beloved family member you are!

Congratulations, darling Atlas, on being chosen today's Dog of the Day! We hope you and your dear human and kitty housemates and all your family and friends are enjoying a fine celebration, full of fun and lovies and all your favorite games and treats.

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Blog Entries
    Huge round of applause for Atlas's loving peeps!! It is quite a commitment in many ways to take on an enourmous and magnificent lovebug like Atlas. Not a lotta people could step up but HURRAY!!! Atlas is so sublime, I sure would love a smooch from him, that's for sure!! It is perfect that Atlas is DOTD, a very special and lovely pooch indeed!😍❤️