Thread: Big handsome Chewie!

Big handsome Chewie!

I found Chewie as an abandoned kitten out in the middle of nowhere. There were no houses anywhere. I think somebody dumped a box of kittens out in the wilderness to die. As I was driving by he ran out to the side of the road. I stopped and called for him and he ran right up to me. He was probably less than a pound and completely skeletal. His ribs were showing. He was covered with fleas and mites and his hair was matted.

I was five hours away from home but I decided to bring him home. I stopped at the next town and bought cat food. He was purring and mewing so loudly as he ate it sounded like a Wookiee growling. That's how he got his name. He is named after Chewbacca from Star Wars.

I got him home and after repeatedly bathing him and dousing him with flea powder I got rid of the fleas. The vet got rid of the mites and shaved the bad fur. It grew back in with time, and he looked like a whole new kitten. And as you can see, he is now a big handsome cat. He has been by my side through many things, and has aways been there when I needed a purring comfort. At fifteen years old I hope to have him around for a few more years. He is a survivor, so I wouldn't be surprised if he lived to twenty.
    Hello, Chewie up in Michigan! Happy Cat of the Day!

What a handsome fellow you are! I like your light green eyes, your long whiskers and your soft fur! You have been with your person through many things, always there when purring comfort was needed. You and your person have a very special connection!

What a scary start you had! You were outdoors and needed help, and your person stopped to rescue you. First stop was for cat food, which you ate right away! Then health care- treating fleas and mites, and taking care of your coat. Your fur grew back (without the mats), and you were like a whole new kitty! PURR-fect! Many years later and you are greatly loved !

Happy, happy Cat of the Day to dear senior Chewie!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Dear Chewie, what a most handsome tabby boy you are. You look so soft, and you have an adorable face.
    I love your from-rags-to-riches story. You were tiny, malnourished and flea ridden, when your person drove by and you knew that this was your chance.
    And you were right. You received the care you so desperately needed, and you grew into this big, beautiful kitty.
    Through all these years, you have always been by your human's side, providing love and comfort when needed.
    You are in your golden years now, and you are still going strong.
    Chewie, you are one-in-a-million, and I wish your and your family a great day full of celebration, and many more happy and healthy years together.
    Willa (5/1/1997-3/17/2018)

Blog Entries
    Chewie is the most excellent cat! I love his face, so happy you saved dear Chewie !! Long live Chewie😻

Congratulations on being honoured as Cat of the Day, Chewy!

What a handsome boy you are! Your coat is beautiful and it’s quite the artwork you have on your nose. Your golden eyes are stunning.

I’m sorry you had such a rough time as a kitten, I hope there were no siblings who didn’t make it. Fortunately, you were found in time and given the love and care you needed so much. Thank you to your mom.

You grew into a big handsome fellow and have been a big comfort for many years, purring away and enjoying life to the fullest. I hope the two of you will have many more happy and healthy years together. Celebrate today… and every day with extra treats and lots of love!

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Dearest Chewie, what a gorgeous guy you are! That's a terrific close-up shot, and thanks to you and your dear Purrrson for posting it. You are absolutely stunning, so handsome with that brown tabby fur that looks so soft and that sweet face with the long white whiskers and eyebrows and those lovely big golden eyes. I wish I could reach through the screen and ...wherever you are here in Michigan ..to pet you! I can't, of course, but I know your loving and beloved Purrrson will pet you for me .

And what a great story you have to tell! Your dear Purrrson found you, a tiny abandoned kitten all alone out in the middle of nowhere. You were tiny and skeletal, with matted hair, covered with fleas and mites. We thank her/him so very much for rescuing you, giving you some food right away, bringing you home, cleaning you up, getting you the vet care you needed. You were a whole new kitten! (We hope your siblings and mother somehow found good homes, too.) Now you are a big handsome boy, and you and your dear Purrrson have been together some fifteen years! You have been by his/her side through many different things and have always been available to provide purring comfort when needed. You love each other very much, don't you. What a wonderful love-filled home you share, and we hope you two will be together for many more years to come!

Congratulations, darling Chewie, on being chosen today's Cat of the Day! We hope you and your dear Purrrson and all your family and friends are enjoying a fine celebration, full of fun and lovies and all your favorite games and treats.

Last edited by phesina; 10-11-2018 at 07:55 PM.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Precious Chewie!

Hi Chewie! Happy Cat of the Day, gorgeous!

What a stunning photo your human has included with your tribute; one fabulous photo of an even more fab kitty model! But seriously, it's hard to believe you're 15 years young, Chewie! By all accounts, though officially a senior, you have the looks, spunk and spirit of a boy half your age!

And so, looking at your healthy, handsome self here today, it's hard to imagine you that sickly, emaciated, flea and mite infested baby your mom/dad stumbled upon so many years ago! It breaks my heart, the thought that any sentient being would "dump" a defenseless kitten at the side of the road, leaving him to fend for himself! Thankfully your guardian angel was working overtime that fateful day, leading your mom/dad to you, and the rest is happy history!

How blessed your mom/dad is, having known your unconditional love and devotion the past 15 years! How well her/his kindness and compassion has been rewarded. A human couldn't hope for a furkid any sweeter, and more loving, any more special than you! You may not have been a planned addition to the family, but there's no doubt you and your mom/dad were destined to be as one!

Thanks for ending my day with a BIG smile, Chewie! Meeting you has been a joy! Hope you're enjoying a very special Cat of the Day celebration, being loved and pampered to pieces, treated to all your heart desires and more! Lots of love, cuddles and kisses to you, precious Chewie, our very special and most deserving Cat of the Day, EVERY day! And here's to many more wonderful years of shared love and companionship for you and your mom/dad! 20 years plus here we come!!!

Stunning!!!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~