I found Chewie as an abandoned kitten out in the middle of nowhere. There were no houses anywhere. I think somebody dumped a box of kittens out in the wilderness to die. As I was driving by he ran out to the side of the road. I stopped and called for him and he ran right up to me. He was probably less than a pound and completely skeletal. His ribs were showing. He was covered with fleas and mites and his hair was matted.

I was five hours away from home but I decided to bring him home. I stopped at the next town and bought cat food. He was purring and mewing so loudly as he ate it sounded like a Wookiee growling. That's how he got his name. He is named after Chewbacca from Star Wars.

I got him home and after repeatedly bathing him and dousing him with flea powder I got rid of the fleas. The vet got rid of the mites and shaved the bad fur. It grew back in with time, and he looked like a whole new kitten. And as you can see, he is now a big handsome cat. He has been by my side through many things, and has aways been there when I needed a purring comfort. At fifteen years old I hope to have him around for a few more years. He is a survivor, so I wouldn't be surprised if he lived to twenty.
Hello, Chewie up in Michigan! Happy Cat of the Day!

What a handsome fellow you are! I like your light green eyes, your long whiskers and your soft fur! You have been with your person through many things, always there when purring comfort was needed. You and your person have a very special connection!

What a scary start you had! You were outdoors and needed help, and your person stopped to rescue you. First stop was for cat food, which you ate right away! Then health care- treating fleas and mites, and taking care of your coat. Your fur grew back (without the mats), and you were like a whole new kitty! PURR-fect! Many years later and you are greatly loved !

Happy, happy Cat of the Day to dear senior Chewie!