Thread: Cheerful Charming Charlie!

Cheerful Charming Charlie!

Dearest Charlie, what a handsome guy you are! You are a gorgeous Tuxedo gentleman with soft-looking fur that glistens in the pictures and a sweet, sweet face with those lovely big green eyes. Thank you for sharing all those great photos with us! You are positively adorable in every one of them, the very picture of contentment. I just love your big feet, black nose, and black jelly bean paw pads! I wish I could reach through the screen and over to Garfield, NJ to pet you. I can't, of course, but I know your loving and beloved Purrrson will pet you for me .

And what a delightful, heartwarming story you have to tell! You came to your dear Purrrson with a very important mission to fulfill. He/she was mourning the loss of beloved Mugsie kitty and, for the first time in 35 years, had NO other cat waiting to help her/him get over the loss. Then one day he/she walked into Petco, and there you were! You and she immediately fell in love and adopted each other right away. Since you've come Home you have been a great comfort in helping to mourn Mugsie's passing. Right from the start you've flopped on the ground asking for petting! You can't be picked up because you slip right out of your dear Purrrson's hands, but you love being brushed and having your head kissed. She can't hear you purr, but perhaps you have a silent purr and if she rests her ear on your side alongside your ribs, she will hear it! You and she have now been together three weeks, and you love each other dearly, don't you. What a wonderful love-filled home you share!

And another nice, special thing: Your dear previous Purrrsons had turned you over to the FOCAS rescue group because they were moving to Germany and were afraid the trip would be too much for you. Many people in Germany follow Cat of the Day and Pet Talk, and you and your present Purrrson hope your previous Purrrsons will see you here and know you are Home with her, safe and warm and well-fed. She promises to love and care for you and protect you in your Furrrever home.

Congratulations, darling Charlie, on being chosen today's Cat of the Day! We hope you and your dear Purrrson and your previous Purrrsons and all your family and friends are enjoying a fine celebration, full of fun and lovies and all your favorite games and treats. We know that Mugsie Angel and Howie Angel and your family's other Angels are all rejoicing with you at the Rainbow Bridge!

Last edited by phesina; 09-19-2018 at 09:02 PM.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Jersey boy Charlie!

When I walked into the office, there was Charlie walking around. He didn't run and hide and let me approach him. He let me pet him right away. He is the kind of cat that flops on the ground when you pet him. Pet, pet, flop and repeat.

Well, I was smitten. Charlie is a big boy with big feet, a black nose and black jelly bean paw pads. And very sharp claws! There is no picking him up because he slips out of your hands like an otter. He LOVES to be brushed which I also enjoy because most of my previous cats hated it. This chubby boy can't get enough!

I had another black and white boy called Howie. In the beginning with Charlie, I would be freaked out every now and then because I would think it was Howie for a split second. One weird thing is that Charlie does not purr. I can feel a tiny vibration going on in his throat and a tiny trilling noise that seems to come from his nose but that's about it. A few times I have put my ear close to his throat to try to hear the purr but he whacks me in the head with his paw. He has his boundaries, Charlie does. He will also start thumping his tail hard when he's had enough of my attention. That being said, I am allowed kiss his head as much as I want. Thank goodness for that because I do love to kiss his furry head a lot.

It's only been three weeks that we have been together but he seemed to have no trouble settling in. I'm so happy to be his human.
    Hello, Charlie kitty in New Jersey! Happy Cat of the Day!

What a terrific going-home story your person has told! You met at Petco and your person had a vacation planned. After that, though- home you came!

What a handsome fellow you are! I like your soft black and white fur ... I would love to pet or brush you for as long as you like! I also like your cute face with your black nose, and your long tail! You love to be brushed and you accept lots of kisses on your head! You slip out of your person's hands when you are picked up, though. You make a tiny trilling noise as opposed to a purr... I bet that makes your person's heart happy!

How wonderful that you have brought so much love to your person, and that you are getting it back as well! Welcome Home, sweet Charlie! Happy Cat of the Day! I am sending you zillions of head kisses and brush strokes for your special day! (You could even whack me in the head with your paw if you wanted to )
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Blog Entries
    Charlie is the most magnificent cat! So happy you two wound up together, a catless home.... can't even imagine it 😢 Charlie is so fine looking and what a wonderful companion! I wish you two the very best, I know you will have a million laughs together! Forward a head smooch from me to our most wonderful COTD!

Beautiful Charlie!

I know CatoftheDay.com is viewed all over the world and I have seen many posts from Germans sharing stories about their beloved animals. Just in case his former mom and dad are fans of CatoftheDay, I wanted to let them know that I have Charlie and he is safe and warm and well-fed. I promised to love and care for him and protect him in his furrever home.
    Oh, I too hope that your original family, now in Germany, does visit Cat of the Day and sees this, if not friends of your family! I'm sure they miss you, and would be comforted knowing how loved and cherished you are!

How blessed you, one beautiful boy in need of a loving home are, having found your way to such a devoted furever human! Two souls in need of comfort and love find their way to one another and the rest is happy history! How blessed your mommy is, having a furkid, a loving companion, a heart-healer in you, Charlie! You truly are a treasure, and so very deserving of your big day of honor! You do your beloved predecessors, Mugsie and Howie, proud!

Thanks for ending my day with a BIG smile, sweetheart! Reading your heartwarming rescue story, seeing all of your utterly heart-melting photos, has made my night! I hope you're enjoying a very special Cat of the Day celebration, sweetheart..."pet, pet, flop and repeat," hehe getting brushed to your heart's content; being loved and pampered to pieces by your devoted furever mommy! Lots of love and pets to you, precious Charlie, our very special and most deserving Cat of the Day, EVERY day!

Be still my heart!!!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Dear Charlie, what a most handsome boy you are. Your coat with those wonderful markings looks so soft, and your face with that black nosie is too adorable. I love your big feet!
    I am very sorry that your person lost their kitty, and they were coming home to an empty house. Then you came along, and you filled the void in your human's heart. You two were meant to be together.
    You had no trouble settling in, even though it has been only 3 weeks.
    You might not purr, and you don't like to be picked up, but you show your love and devotion in so many other ways.
    I, too, hope that your previous family will see you on COTD, so they are assured that you have a forever home, and that you are happy.
    Charlie, you are a precious kitty, and I wish you and your family a great day full of celebration, and many more happy and healthy years together.
    Willa (5/1/1997-3/17/2018)