Thread: Cheerful Charming Charlie!

Threaded View

Cheerful Charming Charlie!

Dearest Charlie, what a handsome guy you are! You are a gorgeous Tuxedo gentleman with soft-looking fur that glistens in the pictures and a sweet, sweet face with those lovely big green eyes. Thank you for sharing all those great photos with us! You are positively adorable in every one of them, the very picture of contentment. I just love your big feet, black nose, and black jelly bean paw pads! I wish I could reach through the screen and over to Garfield, NJ to pet you. I can't, of course, but I know your loving and beloved Purrrson will pet you for me .

And what a delightful, heartwarming story you have to tell! You came to your dear Purrrson with a very important mission to fulfill. He/she was mourning the loss of beloved Mugsie kitty and, for the first time in 35 years, had NO other cat waiting to help her/him get over the loss. Then one day he/she walked into Petco, and there you were! You and she immediately fell in love and adopted each other right away. Since you've come Home you have been a great comfort in helping to mourn Mugsie's passing. Right from the start you've flopped on the ground asking for petting! You can't be picked up because you slip right out of your dear Purrrson's hands, but you love being brushed and having your head kissed. She can't hear you purr, but perhaps you have a silent purr and if she rests her ear on your side alongside your ribs, she will hear it! You and she have now been together three weeks, and you love each other dearly, don't you. What a wonderful love-filled home you share!

And another nice, special thing: Your dear previous Purrrsons had turned you over to the FOCAS rescue group because they were moving to Germany and were afraid the trip would be too much for you. Many people in Germany follow Cat of the Day and Pet Talk, and you and your present Purrrson hope your previous Purrrsons will see you here and know you are Home with her, safe and warm and well-fed. She promises to love and care for you and protect you in your Furrrever home.

Congratulations, darling Charlie, on being chosen today's Cat of the Day! We hope you and your dear Purrrson and your previous Purrrsons and all your family and friends are enjoying a fine celebration, full of fun and lovies and all your favorite games and treats. We know that Mugsie Angel and Howie Angel and your family's other Angels are all rejoicing with you at the Rainbow Bridge!

Last edited by phesina; 09-19-2018 at 09:02 PM.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery