Thread: Smart, handsome Mittens!

Smart, handsome Mittens!

I would like to introduce my cat Mittens. He's approximately three years old. I believe he's a Maine coon, though he may not be a purebred. I adopted him from a shelter in June after losing my other cat Izzy that I had for 13 years. He's very playful. He's such a handsome guy. He's also very, very smart.

Mittens is my first Maine Coon cat. I always liked the Maine Coon breed. He can be very silly. He loves to play and sleep in his cat tree. He sleeps upside down and sometimes he'll do a rolly polly back and forth thing in it for me. He loves to play and he's very affectionate. When I'm walking around the house sometimes he'll step on my foot. He also likes to roll at my feet giving me a foot massage. I think he is claiming me as his person. He's very sweet and very handsome. He has silky fur and beautiful big green eyes. He also makes some cute cat noises; sometimes chirping and sometimes a whirling type of sound. He's a big handsome guy weighing in at little over 10 lbs which feels like all muscle and he loves to climb. He likes to be around me and when I'm gone he's right there when I open the door. I love him, and I hope you enjoy the pictures.
    Hello, Mittens in New York! Happy Cat of the Day!

What a gorgeous kitty guy you are! Your fur looks so fluffy and soft! Even your paws are fluffy! I agree completely with your person - you are very handsome!

You are a busy kitty, too- playing and climbing! You like to be around your person, even stepping on your person's foot when you are walking together! Then it is time to chirp to your person about something, or take a nap in your cat tree. When you wake up, you sometimes give your person a foot massage to say, "You're mine!" PURR-fect! Best of all, you are a greatly loved kitty! I enjoyed all your pictures very much!

Happy, happy Cat of the Day to dear Mittens!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Dearest Mittens, what a gorgeous fellow you are! You are an extraordinarily handsome example of a Maine Coon kitty (pedigreed or not). That fluffy, silky fur is so long and looks so very soft, and what a sweet face you have with those big fluffy ears with the long ear-tufts, and that cute nose, and those lovely big green eyes. Thank you for sharing those great photos with us! You certainly do make good use of those shelves and the kitty-condo top, demonstrating your skills at rolling around! I wish I could reach through the screen and over to Rome, NY to pet you! I can't, of course, but I know your loving and beloved Purrrson will pet you for me .

And what a delightful Purrrsonality you have! You're very playful and very smart. You're full of energy and make your dear Purrrson smile with all your antics. You enjoy rolling around and climbing. Sometimes you step on her foot and massage it. That way you show that you claim her as yours! I'd love to hear you make those cute noises, chirping and making a whirling type of sound. You are very affectionate and love to be around our dear Purrrson. You are helping to heal her heart after she lost her beloved Izzy. You and she love each other very much, don't you. What a wonderful love-filled home you share!

Congratulations, darling Mittens, on being chosen today's Cat of the Day! We hope you and your dear Purrrson and all your family and friends are enjoying a fine celebration, full of fun and lovies and all your favorite games and treats. I know Izzy Angel is rejoicing for you with the other Angels at the Rainbow Bridge!

Last edited by phesina; 09-10-2018 at 07:32 PM.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Blog Entries
    It's so very clear why you love Mittens SO much! What a divine COTD, clearly Mittens adores you too and I sure loved all the photos! Fan of Mittens for life here, excellent COTD!

Precious Mittens!

Hi Mittens! Happy Cat of the Day, sweetheart!

What a hunky, handsome, oh so floooffy Maine Coon boy you are, Mittens! With that gorgeous, fluffy coat of yours, and that magnificent ruff, your sweet and loving purrsonality, there's no denying your MC creds! But as beautiful as you are, Mittens, you had me at your name, the name of my first kitty as a 4 year old! And you can assure your human I sure do love your heart-melting photos! You've got that cat tree/rolly polly thing nailed, hehe!

What a lucky human is yours, Mittens, having a playful, sweet and loving furkid, best friend and loving companion in you! In looks, purrsonality and heart, you're the best, a treasure! You do your beloved predecessor, Izzy, proud!

Thanks for ending my day with a BIG smile, sweetheart! Meeting you, learning of the love you and your human share, seeing your squee worthy photos, has made my evening! Hope you're enjoying a very special Cat of the Day celebration...being silly, playing and napping on your cat tree, cuddling at your human's feet, being loved and pampered to pieces! Lots of love, cuddles and kisses to you, precious Mittens, our very special and most deserving Cat of the Day, EVERY day!

SO beautiful!!!

Doing the rolly polly!!!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Dear Mittens, what a most handsome Maine Coon boy you. You look so soft in all your fluffiness, and your face is so cute!
    Your pictures are adorable, and they show your sweet and silly nature.
    I'm very sorry that your person lost Izzy. How lucky for both of you that you found each other.
    You are everything anybody could ever ask for in a kitty, smart, sweet, playful, and completely devoted to your human.
    Mittens, you are perfect, inside and out, and I wish you and your family a great day full of celebration, and many more happy and healthy years together.
    Willa (5/1/1997-3/17/2018)

Congratulations Handsome Mittens, on being Cat of the Day!
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana