Thread: Beautiful Biscuit!

Beautiful Biscuit!

Biscuit is a ten-year-old girl living in Pittsburgh PA (formerly Dutchess County, New York).

In addition to being lovely, poised, and sociable, Biscuit is one of the two heroines of my book Another Insane Devotion (Da Capo, 2012). She may be the only cat who's been photographed for Oprah and The New York Post and caricatured in The New York Times Book Review. You can find out more about her and the book at my website: petertrachtenberg.com.

I adopted her as a kitten after some friends found her hunched miserably on a tree on their property, drenched with rain and sick with a respiratory infection, while their dogs wheeled and snapped below. She was very ill, and at first they didn't think she'd make it. By the time I came to see her (she was being kept in one of my friends' studio, a safe distance from the dogs), she was better, but her face was still caked with mucus. Still, the moment she saw me, the little cat strode over to me, clasped my hand in her forepaws and began licking it. It wasn't the grateful licking of a dog. It was rough and it was proprietary. She was claiming me.

Biscuit's a very social cat. When I lived in the country and felt she could be let out safely, she used to make the rounds of the neighbors' houses. She'd just stride over to them with her short, bowed legs and her bustling walk and her snuffling. She's never gotten over her respiratory infection, and even in a dark room you can always tell when she's come in because of the sound she makes-- a sound like a small whisk broom briskly sweeping. She's both good natured and feisty. She'll walk into her carrier the moment I open the door, but at the vet it takes two and often three people to hold her down.

She's fun-loving. Back when I first had her, she liked to visit a riding stable down the street. A woman who worked there swore she once saw Biscuit jump up and catch the tail of one of the horses so she could swing from it like Tarzan. It's a miracle she didn't get her brains kicked out. Needless to say, she is much loved.
    Hello, beautiful Biscuit in Pennsylvania! Happy Cat of the Day!

What a wonderful story of how you claimed your person! You took your person's hand in your paws and gave some licks: "You're mine!" You are such a gorgeous lady, with your sweet face and your plush, golden fur! I would like to pet you if I could - since that's not possible, I hope your person will give you some extra pats for me today!

You used to live in the country, where you would visit your neighbors! Now you are a city dweller, and you have made the newspapers! Not just any newspaper but the New York Post and the New York Times Book review! And - photographed for Oprah! Wowie wow! You have never quite gotten over your respiratory infection, and your person can hear your breathing. You are gorgeous, good natured, and fun-loving! Best of all, you are much loved!

Happy, happy Cat of the Day to Beautiful Biscuit!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Dear Biscuit, what a beautiful shorthair girl you are. Your plush coat looks so soft, and your face is adorable.
    You had a rough start in life, but along came your dad, and you claimed him as your forever person.
    Even with the best care, you never got over your respiratory infection. It doesn't slow you down, though, and you live life to the fullest.
    You are social and fun-loving, so much so that it takes two or three people to hold you down at the vet.
    Biscuit, you are a precious girl, and now you can add another accomplishment to your many successes, being COTD!
    I wish you and your dad a great day full of celebration, and many more happy and healthy years together.
    Willa (5/1/1997-3/17/2018)

Blog Entries
    Biscuit is a survivor, that's a fact! I sure loved seeing her as COTD, such a pretty girl and what a lovely ginger coat. Biscuit is spectacular, so glad she has a loving bunch of peeps to care for her.

Dearest Biscuit, you are absolutely gorgeous! What a stunning red kitty girl with white trim you are! My stunning red kitty girl with white trim Sparkler says "Hello, Meow!" That fur is so thick and pretty and looks so very soft, and what a sweet face you have with that cute pink nose and those lovely big amber eyes. I wish I could reach through the screen and over to Pittsburgh to pet you! I can't, of course, but I know your loving and beloved Dad will pet you for me .

And what a delightful Purrrsonality you have! You had a rough start in life, didn't you, but we're so glad and thankful that you were rescued by those good, kind people. Then you hit the jackpot when you met up with your dear Dad-to-be! You let him know right away that he was the Chosen One by marching up to him and then clasping his hand in your forepaws and licking it. You are lovely, poised, and sociable, fun-loving, good-natured, and feisty. When you and Dad lived in the country, you visited all the neighbors and even the horses at the nearby riding stable! You are the heroine of a book by Dad and have been photographed for Oprah and The New York Post and caricatured by The New York Times Book Review. You and Dad love each other very much, don't you. What a wonderful love-filled home you share!

Congratulations, darling Biscuit, on being chosen today's Cat of the Day! We hope you and your dear Dad and all your family and friends are enjoying a fine celebration, full of fun and lovies and all your favorite games and treats.

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Beautiful Biscuit!

Good evening, Biscuit! Happy Cat of the Day!

What a gorgeous marmalade girl you are, Biscuit! Your photos are exquisite, and you sure know how to strike a pose, sweetheart! And oh my gosh, quite the inspiration, quite the celebrity to boot! Photographed for Oprah and the NY Post, caricatured in the NY Times Book Review? Those are some mighty impressive feline creds, Biscuit! Just wow!!! I will definitely be checking out your book at your human's website!

Biscuit is one of the two heroines of my book
    Another Insane Devotion (Da Capo, 2012). She may be the only cat who's been photographed for Oprah and The New York Post and caricatured in The New York Times Book Review. You can find out more about her and the book at my website: petertrachtenberg.com

You certainly had a horrific, harrowing start at life, Biscuit! But thanks to a host of rescue angels you survived, thrived, and the rest is happy history! How lucky your furever human is, having been chosen, claimed by you to be your furever human; having a beautiful, life loving furkid and best friend in you! It was destined to be, that you and she/he would be as one, and I hope that you and she/he will know many, many more happy years of shard love, companionship and adventures!

Thanks for ending my day with a BIG smile, Biscuit! Meeting you has been a joy! Hope you're enjoying a very special day of celebration, being loved and pampered to pieces, treated to all your heart desires and more! Lots of love, cuddles and smooches to you, beautiful Biscuit, our very special and most deserving Cat of the Day, EVERY day!

Gorgeous!!!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Biscuit is a beautiful Ginger tabby.
    I am sorry for her bad start in life.
    Congrats on being Cat of the Day!
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana