Thread: Affectionate Oliver!

Affectionate Oliver!

Oliver is two years old, and it has been suggested that he could be a Turkish Angora. He lives with us in the new town of George's Brook-Milton, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada.

Oliver has two blue eyes, and is frequently the case for blue-eyed cats he is totally deaf. He came to us to foster for a rescue organization, but he made it clear that he would only be content living with us.

Oliver is the youngest and largest of our three rescue cats. In common with the description of Turkish Angoras, he likes to occupy the highest spot possible in a room. That could be a chair back, a shoulder, or even the top of an open bi-fold door. If there is something in the way, it's soon on the floor.

One of Oliver's favourite snacks is dog food; our Golden Retriever will let him have a snack from her dish before she steps in to gulp down her meal.

He is very affectionate with my wife and me, but disappears under a bed if anyone comes to the door, and frequently stays there until our guests have left.

People ask about his meow. I would call it unmodulated. He has no idea how loud his voice is, and we are reminded of that when he is feeling lonely or has some other reason to call out. When my wife is in her recliner chair, Oliver thinks it's an invitation to lie down on her chest and have a good loud purr session.
    Hello, Oliver in Canada! Happy Cat of the Day!

What a gorgeous kitty you are! I like your fluffy white fur, and your gem-like blue eyes! You came to your current, now forever, home through a rescue organization; and you decided that it was the perfect place for you to stay! I smiled when I saw the pictures of you on the top platform of your kitty tower, and on your person's shoulder Those are definitely high places! But oh my goodness, the top of an open bi-fold door?! That's a very high place!

You are not a fan of company, and hide until guests have left. You are very affectionate with your people! When your mom is seated in her recliner, that is the time to snuggle and purr! You meow when you are lonely or have something else to call about. I like the pictures of you with your kitty-siblings, too!

Happy, happy Cat of the Day to dear Oliver!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Dearest Oliver, what a handsome young man you are! You are absolutely adorable with that fluffy white fur that looks so soft and that sweet face with the pale pink ears and nose and those lovely big blue eyes. You are a fine example of a Turkish Angora kitty, even if your blood-line isn't clear! Thank you for sharing all those great photos with us. What a terrific assortment here! It's so nice to see you posing so majestically, you with your kitty housemates, you as a kitten, you on Meowmie's shoulder, and you as a kitten with your housemates with the red one holding on to you! I wish I could reach through the screen and over to George's Brook-Milton, Newfoundland and Labrador to pet all you kitties and pet your Golden Retriever pal who shares her snacks with you, too! I can't, of course, but I know your loving and beloved Purrrents will pet you all for me .

And what a delightful Purrrsonality you have! You first came to your dear Purrrents as a foster kitty, but it didn't take long for you and them to realize you were there to stay. You are the youngest and largest of their three rescue cats. Your Turkish Angora heritage comes through with you liking to occupy high places. You are very affectionate with your dear Purrrents but shy when anyone else comes around. As with many blue-eyed white cats, you are totally deaf and don't know how loud your meow is, so you often speak out very loudly! When Meowmie is relaxing in her recliner chair, you love to lie down on her chest and have a good loud purr session. That's so nice! You and your dear Purrrents and kitties and doggie all love each other very much, don't you. What a wonderful love-filled home you share!

Congratulations, darling Oliver, on being chosen today's Cat of the Day! We hope you and Purrrents and kitties and doggie and all your family and friends are enjoying a fine celebration, full of fun and lovies and all your favorite games and treats, including maybe some extra dog food for you!

Last edited by phesina; 08-20-2018 at 05:57 PM.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

3. Wow! what a photogenic handsome fellow. its no wonder hes cat of the day!
    congratulations

Beautiful Oliver!

Hi Oliver! Happy Cat of the Day to you!

What a treat, meeting you this evening, on so many levels! Not only are you one GORGEOUS blue eyed boy, you and my Turkish Van, Buddy, now at the Rainbow Bridge, could be twins! And in personality, you reflect so perfectly the loving nature of my beloved RB boy, Oliver!

Yes, you truly are one breathtakingly beautiful boy, Oliver! And how heartwarming are those pics of you and your kitty siblings...the "Three Amigos," one terrific trio!

Endless thanks to your furever family, for opening up their home and hearts to such a deserving kitty! As the saying goes in animal love world...Yay for foster failures! Not that your humans had a say in the matter! hehe You knew from day one that this family was the one for you, and rest is happy history! And though you may be deaf, Oliver, it's clear that challenge hasn't kept you from living and loving life to the max!

How very blessed your family is, having a beautiful, devoted, sweet and loving best furry family member in you, sweetheart! You truly are a treasure, beautiful inside and out, one very special and most deserving Cat of the Day, EVERY day!

Thanks to your proud Papa for sharing your gorgeous self, your heartwarming backstory and beautiful photos with us! Meeting you tonight has made my evening! Hope you're enjoying a very special Cat of the Day celebration, sweetheart, snitching a morsel or two from your Golden sibling's dinner, hehe; napping on your mommy's chest, purring in high gear; being loved and pampered to pieces! Lots of love, cuddles and kisses to you, beautiful Oliver, our very special and most deserving Cat of the Day, EVERY day! Love to your kitty sibs and most gracious Golden pup pal, too!

Stunning!!!

How precious!!!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Dear Oliver, what a most handsome Turkish Angora mix boy you are. Your snowy white coat looks so soft and fuzzy, and your face with those beautiful blue eyes is too adorable.
    Your pictures with your kitty siblings are great, my favorite is your baby pic!
    Even though you're deaf, you live life to the fullest. You will seek out the highest spot possible to survey your surroundings, and you are a snuggler, but only with your parents. And your favorite snack is dog food.
    Oliver, you are a magnificent kitty, and I wish you, your doggie and kitty siblings, and your parents a great day full of celebration, and many more happy and healthy years together.
    Willa (5/1/1997-3/17/2018)

Blog Entries
    Oliver is the best, clearly the other two cats adore him too. I guess that happens, when you are irresistable and perfectly magnificent! Kisses to Oliver, best COTD!

Congratulations on being today's COTD, handsome Oliver!
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana