I Wanted to let you all in on a new chapter in my life.

As you all know, three years ago, I, and we - all of Pet talk and the whole family of websites lost Paul - my husband, the co-founder of the websites, the lead programmer, kindest, smartest, most compassionate and brilliantly intelligent love of my life. I was devastated, but kept plugging along, and you all put up with my mistakes and efforts to keep thing going since then.

Not long after Paul's death, one of his uncles died, and then his youngest uncle died unexpectedly about six months later. Then last year, two days before her own birthday and three days before mine, I lost his mom - she had been scheduled for lung cancer surgery at the time of his death, and by the time of her death, it had spread and was in her bones. It was an awful time, and a painful death. This spring we sold her house, the house in which Paul and his siblings grew up. It has been a time of loss after loss, death after death (I also lost two former bosses in this period.)

I am now beginning life over anew, moving away from this area where every time I turn a corner, I may run into something that makes me sad. Grief has been a roller coaster, anyone who tells you it is an ordered set of predictable steps is delusional.

I have bought a small farm with an old farmhouse in southern Vermont. I closed on the property last Friday, and tomorrow I meet with a contractor who will be paid to help me make it a beautiful place, full of life and joy - and animals. A client who has become a dear friend and collaborating partner will be moving his animals there - including Sweet Pea, a duck who adores me, his mate, their children, Rapanui chickens, geese, and other species of birds. The bunny at the chimney place I worked at for Paul's cousin, Lemon, will also be coming to live with me, and other animals as we get housing and fencing to keep them safe from the many predators. It is a 2.66 acre property, with two ponds and a stream between and through them, groves of trees, and a beautiful setting.

For the first time in my life I will no longer be a Massachusetts resident. And have even dyed half my hair blue to celebrate the new beginning. But of course the websites will keep on going, so please tell everyone you know about them, and nominate your pets f they have never been featured yet.

Once I have moved, I will work on getting the archives fixed, etc.

Wanted you all to know.