Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Big Announcement and Big Change

Thank you - it's beautiful, but my tire need replacing, so my car is at the bottom of Windham Hill, and I am near the top. It stayed the night in a parking lot there, I need to buy snow tires, what I am currently on are very worn summer tires, and Stellwagen (my car) got partway up the hill and said, "Nope!"
    I've Been Frosted

Haha! I've been there. Snow tires are such a blessing.
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

Yes - then a snowstorm - heavy wet snow, 14 inches when they predicted 4-8, and two more days of snow hit, and we lost power. It has been out since Monday night, and is still out - I am temporarily in Nashua New Hampshire to update the sites and stay warm. I will post storm pictures, but we are not even scheduled to get power until late Saturday night! So that's why the sites didn't change - I could not do it without power, and did not dare drive anywhere until I was sure roads were clear!
    I've Been Frosted

Karen,

Just read through this whole thread, I'm sorry for the losses you've experienced over the years. I am not familiar with that part of Vermont but I've driven through it for sure and it's just a beautiful state. I think it will be a wonderful place to heal and renew, once you get past the snow and power outages Can't wait to see more pictures.

I lived in the Adirondacks for 4 years and loved it but I must say I do not miss the snow!

This is one picture from the storm - that is a very heavy tree, resting on the power lines just down the street from my house.

And thank you, Alysser, still no power at the house, but the animals are all fine!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    I've Been Frosted

Yikes! I see the tree on the power line! Karen, I'm glad you are safe and warm! (((HUGS)))
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

YOWEE! So glad, Karen, you are safe and warm and the critters are all doing well! Thank you for getting the sites going again.

Take care now..

{{{{{HUGS}}}}} and ~~~~PURRRS~~~~ and from Pat and Sparkler
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

You're welcome! And thank you all!
    I've Been Frosted

There is now, as of last evening, electricity at the house, and the server migration is done - just a few more glitches to figure out, then I will be heading back. Though I have only been living there for just over three months, it is already Home in a way no place has been since Paul's death, and I miss it. And the animals of course!
    I've Been Frosted

10. Yikes!
    glad to hear everyones okay an that the power is back on.

one year we went a week without power an had to cook Thanksgiving dinner over the top of the wood stove. that was... a different kind of experience LOL

Ooooo I found this topic only 5 minutes ago....!
    You went through so much sorrow & grief, OMG is in fact more than what a person can take.
    But you did it! Karen, and I am so happy to hear that you found a nice and beautiful place to build up the next period in your life
    That place sounds like heaven to me!! I've always loved snow,; the lack of much snow here, makes me a bit jalous for all that snow you are getting there...!
    I absolutely love that picture where a tree is hitting the power line....

This is a rather weird question, but it shows how much I adore snow.... : Have you made a snotman/snowmen?
    In my childhood I always made a (or several!) snowman in our garden! But the amount of snow we get here has been diminishing so much since then...! Our snow (IF we get some) melts as soon as it hits the bottom, or is already gone the next morning....

I'm wishing you you all the best !
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge

Quote Originally Posted by Maya & Inka's mommy View Post
    This is a rather weird question, but it shows how much I adore snow.... : Have you made a snowman/snowmen?
    In my childhood I always made a (or several!) snowman in our garden! But the amount of snow we get here has been diminishing so much since then...! Our snow (IF we get some) melts as soon as it hits the bottom, or is already gone the next morning....

I'm wishing you you all the best !
    Have not yet made a snowman, just busy shoveling and making snowbanks, but I will, just for you, next storm we have! I have more snowy pictures, I can post them later if you'd like!
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    Have not yet made a snowman, just busy shoveling and making snowbanks, but I will, just for you, next storm we have! I have more snowy pictures, I can post them later if you'd like!
    Oh yes please!! It will bring back sweet kid's memories to me!!
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge