Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Big Announcement and Big Change

Big Announcement and Big Change

I Wanted to let you all in on a new chapter in my life.

As you all know, three years ago, I, and we - all of Pet talk and the whole family of websites lost Paul - my husband, the co-founder of the websites, the lead programmer, kindest, smartest, most compassionate and brilliantly intelligent love of my life. I was devastated, but kept plugging along, and you all put up with my mistakes and efforts to keep thing going since then.

Not long after Paul's death, one of his uncles died, and then his youngest uncle died unexpectedly about six months later. Then last year, two days before her own birthday and three days before mine, I lost his mom - she had been scheduled for lung cancer surgery at the time of his death, and by the time of her death, it had spread and was in her bones. It was an awful time, and a painful death. This spring we sold her house, the house in which Paul and his siblings grew up. It has been a time of loss after loss, death after death (I also lost two former bosses in this period.)

I am now beginning life over anew, moving away from this area where every time I turn a corner, I may run into something that makes me sad. Grief has been a roller coaster, anyone who tells you it is an ordered set of predictable steps is delusional.

I have bought a small farm with an old farmhouse in southern Vermont. I closed on the property last Friday, and tomorrow I meet with a contractor who will be paid to help me make it a beautiful place, full of life and joy - and animals. A client who has become a dear friend and collaborating partner will be moving his animals there - including Sweet Pea, a duck who adores me, his mate, their children, Rapanui chickens, geese, and other species of birds. The bunny at the chimney place I worked at for Paul's cousin, Lemon, will also be coming to live with me, and other animals as we get housing and fencing to keep them safe from the many predators. It is a 2.66 acre property, with two ponds and a stream between and through them, groves of trees, and a beautiful setting.

For the first time in my life I will no longer be a Massachusetts resident. And have even dyed half my hair blue to celebrate the new beginning. But of course the websites will keep on going, so please tell everyone you know about them, and nominate your pets f they have never been featured yet.

Once I have moved, I will work on getting the archives fixed, etc.

Wanted you all to know.
    I've Been Frosted

Karen, I wish you all the happiness in the world, after so much loss, you sure deserve it. Having all those animal friends about will surely make it joyful.
    Gayle - self proclaimed Queen of Poop
    Mommy to: Cali (14 year old kitten)
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21

Bless you, Karen. What wonderful news!

We are wishing you and all your furry and feathered friends the greatest happiness with your new venture!!!

{{{{{HUGS}}}}} and ~~~~PURRRS~~~~ and from Pat and Sparkler
    Last edited by phesina; 08-20-2018 at 06:04 PM.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

OMG!!! How wonderful, Karen!!! Wow, a farm, full of animals! You certainly have suffered MORE than your fair share of sadness and suffering, unspeakable loss over the past few years. Now it's your time, time to turn the page and begin a whole new chapter in your life! I'm so happy for you!!! And I can relate to your comment re: for the first time longer a MA resident! It took me years, after moving to the Cape, to accept the fact that I was no longer a Jersey girl; put off getting a MA driver's license for 3 years, not to mention those insufferable, Yankees hating Red Sox fans, lol

Well, home is where the heart is, so no matter your mailing address, where you lay your head, you'll always be a MA girl! Do you know people in Vermont? Where in Southern Vermont, if you don't mind me asking. We often visit the Bennington, Manchester area. Such great history, shops, book stores, college towns. Well, I wish you all the best! SO exciting! And we REALLY need a pic of you with your 1/2 blue head! hehe
    XO

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Oh, Karen, a new home, and a new life, how wonderfully exciting. Wishing you all the happiness in the world.

Wow, Karen, congratulations! That all sounds wonderful!
    Last edited by cassiesmom; 08-20-2018 at 12:20 PM.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Best of luck and much happiness in the new life dear Karen. We would like to see you with half blue head (photo please)

Big Announcement and Big Change

So happy for you. Living on a farm must be like living in heaven. Congratulations.

9. Oh my goodness how exciting! im so happy for you! please post tons of pictures when you get things more setup/a chance to

Glad for you

Happy to hear this news,hope all goes well at your new place and will enjoy it very much.
    thanks very much devon. I have been boo'd.

I am so happy and excited for you! A farm sounds wonderful. I've never been to Vermont, but from everything I've seen and heard about it, it is an exceptionally beautiful place.
    Wishing you all the best, you deserve it!
    I can't wait for you to start sharing pictures.
    Willa (5/1/1997-3/17/2018)

Congratulations to you Karen Such a well deserved move! I wish you health and happiness always
    Yours in Whiskers

I'm not young enough to know everything.

"The Best Mirror is an Old Friend"

“The secret of what is small is the secret of clear-sightedness; the guarding of what is soft and tender is the secret of strength.”

• Lao Tzu

Thanks everyone! And yes, will try to get a picture that shows off my hair!
    I've Been Frosted

Blog Entries
    Wishing you well in this new beginning. I am so glad you will have help getting settled in and I am sure that the animals will bring you joy and a lot of work😁! It will be a big change but I know you are up for it, onward you go Karen!! We all want you to have peace and a joyful life, you deserve all the very best life has to offer. I'm very excited and happy for you! Thanks for letting us know, I was concerned knowing all you've been through in these short few years. I am certain you will be blessed because your Karma is excellent and what goes around....all the best Karen, love ya!

Karen this is just wonderful. I am so happy for you. And a bunny wabbit, yet!

I wish you years and years of joy and happiness with your friend and all the critters. You so deserve all this!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda