Thread: Precious Chinda!

Precious Chinda!

We first met Chinda when she was a scrawny stray who was almost completely white. You could see every rib and every bump of her spine, and she was painfully shy. Day after day, though, she would come and perch on our fence and watch us through the windows. Finally she was convinced we were harmless (we made many careful attempts to approach her) and got into the habit of darting into our house and meowing loudly. We fed her tuna and cheese and watched her fill out. Beautiful striped markings and dark patches appeared on her as she grew. After several weeks, she finally let us scoop her up and cuddle. Now she begs to be held and petted and is sporting a crystal collar.

Someone else in our neighborhood has *officially* adopted our Shweedy (Sweetie). But she graciously shares herself with us as well. Chinda is a Thai name meaning "precious stone." Chinda is as lovely as can be with her gorgeous fur, crossed sapphire blue eyes, and elegant frame. But her appearance isn't her only endearing quality. Every other night or so she waits until 10 or 11 at night for either me or my sister to get home. As we scramble to unlock the door, she trots up to the front steps, meowing "Mrrrrrroooooooooowwwww?" with a sharp inhale at the end. ("Ehh!") We let her into the house, and she sprints to the fridge and awaits cheese, canned cat food, or leftover chicken. She explores our rooms, basement, and the hamster cage ("No Chinda! That's not food!"), meowing importantly all the way like the head of a search party. She darts around and hides under couches and beds, waits for us to follow, meows, and then the chase is on again. We think she's playing hide-and-seek. Before we let her back out into the night, she lets us rub her soft, fluffy belly and kiss her on the cold wet nose. Then we figure she goes to her offical home for the night!
    Hello, precious Chinda in Colorado! Happy Cat of the Day!

What a gorgeous lady you are with your plush fur, your markings and dark patches, and your gem-like blue eyes!

You were a very shy stray cat when you met your people. At first you only watched through the windows. You eventually got into the habit of going inside and meowing loudly, which resulted in your being served delicious tuna and cheese! That led to hugs, cuddles and of course, a collar worthy of such an elegant lady!

Now you greet your people with your special "Mrrrooowww?" greeting, go indoors and check on what's happening inside, meowing a report back to your people! You play hide and seek with your people and are served dinner! Then you receive tummy rubs, kisses and cuddles! PURRRRfect!

I am sending you loads of cuddles, kisses and tummy rubs for your special day! Happy, happy Cat of the Day to precious, elegant Chinda!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Dearest Chinda, what a beautiful lady you are, with a beautiful Thai name that means "precious stone." You are an absolutely stunning Siamese/Javanese mix kitty! You are so pretty with that stripey-point fur that looks so soft and that sweet, sweet face with those lovely big blue eyes. Thank you for all those great photos! You are utterly precious in every one of them. I wish I could reach through the screen and over to Lakewood, CO to pet you! I can't, of course, but I know your loving and beloved Purrrsons will pet you for me .

And what a heartwarming story you have to tell! You were a scrawny stray kitten, almost completely white, when your dear Purrrsons first met you. Every day you would perch on their fence and watch through the windows. Finally you decided they were harmless and started darting into their house and meowing loudly. They fed you tuna and cheese and watched you fill out. Beautiful striped points started to appear as you grew. You finally let them scoop you up and cuddle! Now you beg to be held and petted, and you have a crystal collar.

A neighbor has "officially" adopted you, but you share yourself with your first Purrrsons as well. You are as lovely as can be! Every other night or so you welcome them home with a loud "Mrrrrrroooooooooowwwww?" with a sharp inhale at the end. ("Ehh!") You run to the fridge and await cheese, canned cat food, or leftover chicken. You explore all the rooms and play hide-and-seek with your Purrrsons. Then, before you go back to your "official" home, you let them rub your soft, fluffy belly and kiss you on the cold wet nose. You and they all love each other very much, don't you. What a delightful love-filled home you share! (And we bet your "official" home is just as nice .)

Congratulations, darling Chinda, on being chosen today's Cat of the Day! We hope you and your dear Purrrsons and your "official" people and all your family and friends are enjoying a fine celebration, full of fun and lovies and all your favorite games and treats.

Last edited by phesina; 08-15-2018 at 08:35 PM.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Blog Entries
    Chinda is the most beautiful, precious COTD! A work of art.

Precious Chinda!

Hi Chinda! Happy Cat of the Day!!!

Oh my, what a beautiful Meezer x Javanese girl you are! Your coat, your coloring and markings are gorgeous, and oh, those sparkling, sapphire blue eyes of yours are breathtaking! And how fitting, being named after a precious stone, that you should sport that sparkling crystal collar!

What a lucky girl you are, Chinda, having two homes to visit (one official, one not official), so many humans loving on you, pampering you, spoiling you rotten! I smiled from ear to ear, learning how you dart in the door of your 2nd family come evening, scoping out the digs and playing a little hide and seek, chowing down on some chicken and cheese! But alas, come midnight, time to return home to your furever humans for some more loving, more snackies, a good night's sleep, dreaming of the fun times the morning will bring! I like your style, Chinda!

Endless thanks to both your families for opening up their home and hearts to one EXTRA special girl! Hard to imagine the gorgeous, healthy and happy, affection craving girl we see here today was once that near emaciated, painfully shy kitty your humans first encountered! You must have known that with these humans you would finally find the love you so desperately craved, the care you so desperately needed! And how right you were! How lucky both your families are, having a best furry friend as beautiful, as sweet and loving as you, Chinda! You're a treasure, a gem, one in a million!

Thanks for ending my day with a big smile, sweetheart! Meeting you, reading your heartwarming Cinderella, rags to riches story; seeing your heart-melting photos has made my evening! Hope you enjoy a very special Cat of the Day celebration with your "unofficial" family tonight, being loved and pampered to pieces, spoiled extra rotten! Lots of love, cuddles and kisses to you, precious Chinda, our very special and most deserving Cat of the Day, EVERY day!

Gorgeous!!!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Dear Chinda, what a beautiful Siamese/Javanese girl you are. Your coat looks so soft, and your face with those mesmerizing blue eyes is adorable.
    I'm glad that you eventually came around, and that you accepted the love and care of your new family you so desperately needed and deserved. You also found a second home, where you were "officially" adopted.
    But you will always remember your first family, and you are always there to greet them, and then it's off to the refrigerator. You also make sure that the house is in order, and that everybody get their "lovies", including nose kisses, before you go back to your other humans.
    Chinda, you are most precious, and beautiful inside and out, and I wish you and everybody who cares for you, a great day full of celebration, and many more happy and healthy years together.
    Willa (5/1/1997-3/17/2018)

Blog Entries
    P.s. It looks like beautiful Chinda is smiling, she is so very pretty.

What a beautiful Cat you are, Chinda.
    Congratulations on being COTD!
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana

Chinda, you sound like such a sweetie! Who wouldn’t love you?
    You are not only beautiful, but you have such a kind and loving personality that I’m sure no one in your neighborhood can resist!
    You have so many people who love you, at night you go to the family that has officially adopted you but you also spend lots of time with your other family!
    At first, you were a skinny starving kitty who only lived outside, but slowly you adjusted to the people around you and eventually trusted enough to let them love on you!!
    That is an amazing transition, it is hard for anyone to learn to trust people you don’t know, but you did it!
    Congratulations Chinda! You are a very special cat and I wish you many more years with your loved ones!
    Also I would like to mention that I love your name, Chinda! It is very pretty and unique!!