Thread: Awesome Atticus

Awesome Atticus

Dear Atticus, what a handsome tuxedo boy you are. Your shiny coat looks so soft, and your face with those golden eyes couldn't be any sweeter.
    Your story is wonderful and life-affirming, and it brought tears to my eyes.
    I believe that this chance encounter wasn't so "chance" after all, it was fate that you and your forever family brought you together.
    Even though you are a special needs kitty, you don't ask for special treatment.
    You do all the "normal" kitty things, you watch over your human sister, and you are the most wonderful friend anybody could ever ask for.
    As your mom said, you are perfect in every way, and I wish you and your family a great day full of celebration, and many more happy and healthy years together.
    Willa (5/1/1997-3/17/2018)

Dearest Atticus, what a gorgeous guy you are! You are so handsome with that glossy soft-looking Tuxedo-patterned fur and that sweet face with the lovely big amber eyes. You look so good in all those great photos, and thank you for sharing them with us! How interesting to see that constant thumbs-up with the right paw in that last picture. And how cute, you looking out from the cat condo and licking your nose! I wish I could reach through the screen and down to Alabama to pet you! I can't, of course, but I know your loving and beloved Purrrsons will pet you for me .

And what a heartwarming, uplifting story you have to tell! You met your dear Meowmie by chance in a grocery store parking lot, in a car with a "free kittens" sign. The person giving you and your siblings away brought you to her, saying you needed a special home and she and her husband were those special people. Your front paws were deformed, missing front toes and paw pads. You curled right up and snuggled into Meowmie-to-be's arms. The match was made, and home you went!

You walk with a lopsided gait and put little weight on one arm, but you never let anyone know you're different. (Of course, that's the only way you know to be, so you don't know there's any difference from other cats!) Your dear Purrrsons say you are charming in all your oddities and more wonderful than they could ever imagine. You are their son and their friend, watching over their young daughter. You were born perfect just the way you are! You and they all love each other very much, don't you. What a delightful love-filled home you share!

Congratulations, darling Atticus, on being chosen today's Cat of the Day! We hope you and your dear Purrrsons and all your family and friends are enjoying a fine celebration, full of fun and lovies and all your favorite games and treats.

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Hello, Atticus in Alabama! Happy Cat of the Day!

What a handsome fellow you are! I like your dashing tuxedo fur, your l-o-n-g whiskers and your golden eyes!

You have some unique needs related to your front paws, but you are able to get around, and never let anyone know you are different. You watch over your young person, and do things like every kitty. You are perfect in every way! I chuckled at the picture of you sticking out your tongue!

Happy, happy Cat of the Day to dear Atticus!

Who can resist a dashing fellow in a tuxedo?!
    Last edited by cassiesmom; 08-09-2018 at 06:25 PM.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Awesome Atticus!

Hi Atticus! Happy Cat of the Day, sweet baby boy!

What a hunky, handsome, dapper, oh so debonair Tuxie boy you are! You sure know how to strike a pose, sweetheart!

I was so touched by your backstory, Atticus, reading your "happy ever after" coming tale! No doubt about it, Atticus! You and your family were destined to be as one! Your former human knew the moment she/he laid eyes on your soon to be furever family that were the special, the perfect match for one EXTRA special boy, and how right she/he was!

She said she felt like he needed a special home and that we were those special people. The tiny runt kitten with mutated front paws snuggled into my arms and I knew immediately he was meant for our family.
    You may have a few physical challenges, due to your "mutilated" paws." But just as your mommy says, nothing can't keep you from living and loving life to the max! Your ability to look beyond your limitations, such as they are, and grab life by the tail, is nothing short of inspirational!

Endless thanks to your family for opening up their home and hearts to one most deserving boy! They are truly blessed, having a fur son, a best friend, a full fledged furry family member as sweet and loving, as special as you in their lives! You're a treasure, Atticus, beautiful inside and out, just as PERFECT as can be!

Thanks for ending my day with a BIG smile, sweetheart! Meeting you this evening, being treated to all of your heart-melting photos, has been the perfect way to end my day! I hope you're enjoying a very special Cat of the Day celebration...watching over your young skin sister and cuddling with your mom and dad; being loved and pampered to pieces, treated to all your heart desires and more! Lots of love, cuddles and kisses to you, brave, beautiful Atticus, our very special and most deserving Cat of the Day, EVERY day!

Beautiful Atticus!!!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Blog Entries
    Way to go Atticus, you're a brilliant COTD! Differences just make others special and more dear. Our cat was one of at least 200 and we picked her as soon as we saw her. She was so proud of herself, stuck her chest out and purred. I believe she said start the car in her own way. Anyhow we noticed a paw and part of her back leg missing. She was born that way. She believes she's perfect and she is. Atticus is amazing and I hope you have many mor wonderful years with your beautiful cat. Sending loads of love to darling Atticus😻

What a beautiful Tuxedo you are, Attucus!

Congratulations on being Cat of the Day!
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana

Congratulations on being honoured as Cat of the Day, Atticus!

What a handsome boy you are! Your Tuxedo coat is so shiny and beautiful, and you have the sweetest face and beautiful eyes!

It was meant to be the day your mom stopped at that parking lot! The minute she saw you, you pulled at her heart strings and she took you home.

In spite of your missing paw pads and toes on your front paws, you get around quite well and live life to the fullest. You are affectionate, charming and unique. In fact, I think you are perfect. You are the best friend your family could wish for, and you have bonded especially with your skin sister How lucky your family are to have a sweet boy like you!

Enjoy a day of fun and celebration with all your toys and your family. Get pampered with extra treats and lots of love. I wish you a long, happy and healthy life, sweetheart!

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.