Dearest Shelby, you are gorgeous! What a good-looking hunk of a guy you are! Your grey-tabby fur has such a pretty design and coloring, and it looks so soft to pet. And what a sweet face you have, with that white mustache and the lovely big eyes. Thank you for sharing all those great photos with us! You are adorable in them all. I wish I could reach through the screen and over to Pasadena to pet you and scratch your chin and rub your tummy. I can't, of course, but I know your loving and beloved mom will pet you and scratch your chin and rub your tummy for me .

And what a terrific story you have to tell! When you were born, your kitty-mom hid you and your five siblings in a stairwell at an apartment building. That was good for all you babies, but we're sorry to learn your dear mom was killed by a coyote. Luckily, you kittens were found and brought home to a kind woman who took care of you all and fed you by hand until you were ready to eat on your own. Then you were adopted by your human-mom (we hope your siblings all found great homes, too!). She was grieving the loss of both her kitty Max and her sister. You helped greatly to comfort her by making her laugh and cuddling. You had her pick you up and cuddle you, scratch your chin, and rub your tummy. You and she love each other dearly, don't you. What a wonderful love-filled home you share!

Congratulations, darling Shelby, on being chosen today's Cat of the Day! We hope you and your dear mom, and your siblings and all your family and friends are enjoying a fine celebration, full of fun and lovies and all your favorite games and treats. We know your kitty-mom Angel and human-aunt Angel and the other Angels are rejoicing with you at the Rainbow Bridge!