Thread: Sweet Shelby!

Sweet Shelby!

Dearest Shelby, you are gorgeous! What a good-looking hunk of a guy you are! Your grey-tabby fur has such a pretty design and coloring, and it looks so soft to pet. And what a sweet face you have, with that white mustache and the lovely big eyes. Thank you for sharing all those great photos with us! You are adorable in them all. I wish I could reach through the screen and over to Pasadena to pet you and scratch your chin and rub your tummy. I can't, of course, but I know your loving and beloved mom will pet you and scratch your chin and rub your tummy for me .

And what a terrific story you have to tell! When you were born, your kitty-mom hid you and your five siblings in a stairwell at an apartment building. That was good for all you babies, but we're sorry to learn your dear mom was killed by a coyote. Luckily, you kittens were found and brought home to a kind woman who took care of you all and fed you by hand until you were ready to eat on your own. Then you were adopted by your human-mom (we hope your siblings all found great homes, too!). She was grieving the loss of both her kitty Max and her sister. You helped greatly to comfort her by making her laugh and cuddling. You had her pick you up and cuddle you, scratch your chin, and rub your tummy. You and she love each other dearly, don't you. What a wonderful love-filled home you share!

Congratulations, darling Shelby, on being chosen today's Cat of the Day! We hope you and your dear mom, and your siblings and all your family and friends are enjoying a fine celebration, full of fun and lovies and all your favorite games and treats. We know your kitty-mom Angel and human-aunt Angel and the other Angels are rejoicing with you at the Rainbow Bridge!

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Blog Entries
    Shelby is just so ridiculously cute! Gotta love those fabulous stripes and he looks like such a happy sort. No wonder you all adore him, cheered me just looking at his pics! Hope Shelby is super spoiled today!!

Hello, Shelby in California! Happy Cat of the Day!

What a handsome fellow you are! I like your grey tabby markings with the touches of white on your face!

How wonderful that you and your siblings were found when you were just a few weeks old. From there you were cared for, and when you got old enough, you went to your forever home! You are very good at bringing laughter and love to your person, who had suffered a very sad loss. Now that you are older I wonder if you still like tummy rubs and chin skritches - I hope you do! I'm sending you some gentle hugs and snuggles for your special day!

Happy, happy Cat of the Day to handsome tabby Shelby!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Precious Shelby!

Hi sweetie Shelby! Happy Cat of the Day!

What a beautiful Silver Tabby girl you are, sweetheart! Your photos have me in total swoon mode! But your heartwarming rags to riches story brought happy tears to my eyes! You and your sibings sure had a sad start at life, having lost your fur mom, left to fend for yourselves in that stairwell! But thankfully, it wouldn't be long before your hero rescuers would find you and the rest is happy history!

We are so grateful to your mom, Susan, your daddy and skin sister, for doing all that was necessary during those early, tenuous days ('round the clock bottle feeding!) to assure you would all grow up to be happy, healthy boys and girls! And how well you repaid the kindness and compassion shown you, Shelby, bringing so much comfort and healing to your mommy Susan after the loss of her beloved kitty Max, and her sister! Sounds as though you ended up rescuing your mommy every bit as much as she did you!

How blessed your family is, Shelby, having a best friend and loving companion as devoted and loving as you, a furkid as special as you in their lives! You may have been an unexpected addition to the family, but there's no doubt it was destined to be! You truly are a treasure, Shelby, just as special as can be, and so very deserving of your big day of honor!

Thanks for the BIG smiles, sweetheart! Meeting you tonight, reading your heartwarming rags to riches story and seeing all of your heart-melting photos, has been a real treat! I hope you're enjoying a very special Cat of the Day celebration...receiving countless chin skritches and belly rubs, cuddling with your mommy, being loved and pampered to pieces! Lots of love, snuggles and smooches to you, precious Shelby, our very special and most deserving Cat of the Day, EVERY day!

SO adorable!!!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Dear Shelby, what a handsome grey tabby boy you are. Your beautiful coat looks so soft, and your face is too adorable.
    I'm glad you and your siblings were rescued after you lost your mom to a coyote. After those kind people had all of you raised with a bottle, you went on to live with your forever mom who had just put her 16 year old kitty to sleep.
    And then, your mom lost her sister to cancer. You were there with her all the way to comfort her, to cuddle with her and to make her laugh.
    Your favorite trick is to "ambush" your mom from behind the staircase. And you love chin scritchies and tummy rubs.
    Shelby, you are a most special kitty, and I wish you and your family a great day full of celebration, and many more happy and healthy years together.
    Willa (5/1/1997-3/17/2018)

What a handsome gray Tabby you are, Shelby!

Congratulations on being Cat of the Day!
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana

Congratulations on being honoured as Cat of the Day, Shelby!

What an adorable boy you are! Your grey Tabby coat is so shiny and beautiful, and you have the sweetest face!

I’m so sorry you lost your mommy at only three weeks old, but luckily one of you siblings made sure you were noticed by a nice man, and his wife, Susan, knew exactly what to do… put you all in a box and bring you home. You were bottle fed until you could eat solid food.

You were introduced to your new mom at her office a while later, and it was love at first sight.. of course!

Sadly, your new mom lost her sister, and had also had to say goodbye to her 16 year old Max… I’m so very sorry and send my condolences. But Shelby, you came at just the right time and helped cheer her up with your antics. As you were bottle fed, you soon found out how nice it is to be held like a baby and to cuddle. You also love having your chin scratched and getting your tummy rubbed.

When your mom comes down the staircase, you are always ready to ambush her and make her laugh. I can just picture it.

Enjoy a day of fun and celebration with your family. Get pampered with extra treats and perhaps some more bird toys, and lots of love and tummy rubs. I wish you a long, happy and healthy life, sweetheart!

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.