Thread: Gorgeous girl kitty Maddie!

Gorgeous girl kitty Maddie!

Hello! This is Madeline, more often known as Maddie or "girl kitty," and this year she turns six! She was born and lives in Georgia, USA, and we aren't sure of her breed, but she's one beautiful tabby.

She was the third kitten and the runt of her litter, born on September 23rd 2012, and I have raised her and her brother, Pi, since birth.

She was always a weak, quiet, and calm kitten and when she was only five weeks old we discovered a fly larva buried deeply into her neck. Luckily, we were able to get it out, and since then shes grown into a beautiful, strong, and elegant cat.

She follows me everywhere, and I mean everywhere. If I go outside on the porch without her, she'll claw at the door until I let her out and will proceed to either sit by my feet or lay in my lap. If I leave, she'll be patiently waiting for me to come back. Even as I am writing this right now, shes meowing at me and rubbing her face on my leg.

She loves but hates it when I blow into her ear, and she'll flop into her side most of the time when i do, which is adorable.

Her favorite hobby is picking up small objects, like pens, paintbrushes, wrappers, and cords, and bringing them into the hallway or living room for us. She does this instead of hunting mice and stuff like that.

Unfortunately a few weeks ago, my mom found her in my sister's room having a bad seizure. She pulled through but she was blind for a while. We left her in the office so she could recuperate, but even though she was blind, she managed to crawl into the living room, looking for me and meowing loudly. She didnt stop until I had picked her up and laid her next to me.

She has made a full recovery and is back to her old antics, thankfully.

I guess what makes Maddie special is her love for me, and my love for her. Shes my baby, and i love her with all my heart.
    Hello, Maddie in Georgia! Happy Cat of the Day!

What a lovely girl you are! I like your light green eyes and your classic tabby markings!

You had a tough start at life, having an insect bite at just five weeks old! Fortunately, that was treated and you have grown into a strong, beautiful cat! You are a skilled hunter, picking up small objects and bringing them to your people. You have chosen your one very special person, whom you follow absolutely everywhere! You go outdoors on the porch together, and check on all that's happening. You meow to your person and give ankle-rubs

Not long ago you had a scary seizure, but you have made a full recovery. You are back to making your people smile with all your antics and energy! Best of all, you are a greatly loved kitty!

Happy, happy Cat of the day to Maddie!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Dear Maddie, what a beautiful tabby girl you are. Your grey coat with those stripes looks so soft and plush, and your face is absolutely adorable.
    Even though you were the runt, with the love and care of your forever family, you have grown into a gorgeous lady.
    You are completely devoted to your human, following them everywhere.
    You had another health scare, a bad seizure, that left you blind for a while. I am so glad to hear that you made a full recovery. You are an extremely strong and brave kitty.
    Maddie, you are a precious girl, and I wish you, Pi, and your family a great day full of celebration, and many more happy and healthy years together.
    Willa (5/1/1997-3/17/2018)

Dearest Maddie, what a beautiful young lady you are! You are absolutely gorgeous, with that soft-looking mackerel-tabby patterned fur and that sweet face with the huge ears and the cute pink nose and the lovely big pale-green eyes. Thank you for sharing those great photos with us! You are adorable in every one of them, so pretty on that color-coordinated carpet. In that one of you on your back, are you looking for a tummy rub? I wish I could reach through the screen and down to Georgia to rub it (only if you want it rubbed, of course) and pet you, and pet Pi and rub his tummy (only if he wants it rubbed, of course) too. I can't, of course, but I know your loving and beloved Purrrson will pet you both and rub the appropriate tummies for me .

And what an amazing, uplifting story you have to tell! You and Pi were born on September 23rd 2012. You were both raised by your dear Purrrson and have been with him/her and the family since birth. You follow her/him everywhere, and you love/hate it when she blows into your ear, flopping onto your side when she does. You enjoy picking up small objects and bringing them to your people. This is a much better hobby than hunting mice!

You've had a couple of health challenges over time. When you were only five weeks old, a fly larva was discovered buried in your neck! We're so glad your people were able to get it out. Since then you've grown into the beautiful, strong, and elegant cat that you are to this day.

And then, a few months ago you had a bad seizure. You pulled through but were blind for a while after. With the loving care of your people, you've made a full recovery and are back to your old antics, thankfully. You and your dear Purrrson and all your family members love each other very much, don't you. What a wonderful love-filled home you share!

Congratulations, darling Maddie, on being chosen today's Cat of the Day! We hope you and dear Pi and your dear Purrrson and all your family and friends are enjoying a fine celebration, full of fun and lovies and all your favorite games and treats.

Last edited by phesina; 08-02-2018 at 08:06 PM.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Gorgeous Madeline!

Hi Maddie, a.k.a. Girl Kitty! Happy Cat of the Day, sweet baby girl!

What a stunning Silver Tabby you are, Maddie! Your coat and markings, those pale, jade green eyes, simply gorgeous!

What a heartwarming, life affirming, backstory is yours, Maddie! You may have started out being the "runt," but it wouldn't be long before you would blossom into the most beautiful, sweet and loving, big-hearted kitty on the planet!

I have to admit I *gulped* when I read about your scary seizure event, got teary eyed learning of your blindness (which thankfully was only temporary)! Phew! You sure have had your fair share of challenges in your young life: that nasty larvae, that seizure and blindness. But being the fighter that you are, you emerged unscathed, enjoying life, and most especially, the love and companionship of your beloved human to the fullest! What a very special bond of love and devotion you and she share! You two are so very lucky, having one another to love and lean on, best friends and soulmates for life! You truly are a treasure, Maddie, just as special as they come, and so very deserving of your big day of honor!

Thanks to your lady for sharing your heartwarming backstory and gorgeous photos with us! Meeting you this evening has been a real treat! I hope you're enjoying a very special Cat of the Day celebration, Maddie, collecting all sorts of fun stuff, hehe, cuddling with your special lady, being loved and pampered to pieces! Lots of love, snuggles and smooches to you, beautiful Maddie, our very special and most deserving Cat of the Day, EVERY day! Love to dear brother Pi, too!

SO beautiful!!!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Congratulations on being Cat of the Day, beautiful Maddie!

I hope you haven't had anymore siezures.
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana

Blog Entries
    Maddie is SO beautiful, most brilliant COTD ever! Sure hope she stays healthy, what a scare when she took ill! So very scary. Wishing Maddie had a magic day and tons of fun. I am so glad she is loved very much and is living a wonderful life.

Congratulations on being honoured as Cat of the Day, Maddie!

What a beautiful girl you are! Your Tabby coat is beautiful and has such special markings, and you have the sweetest face and stunning green eyes

You started out a little weak, but have grown to be a strong and elegant cat. You follow your mom everywhere, whether she is inside or outside. What a loyal and sweet girl you are!

You also bring little gifts for your family, pens paintbrushess, wrappers, and cords, but that’s better than mice and birds - just don’t chew any cords!

I am so sorry you had a seizure, but with help from your family and the vet, you pulled through.

Maddie, you are a treasure and loved very much. Enjoy a day of fun and celebration, and get pampered with extra treats and lots of love. I wish you many more happy and healthy years, sweetheart!

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.