Thread: Hi newbie here

Hi newbie here

Just joined in. Hey everyone. I have 3 cats, but not all of them are considered as rare breed or expensive breed (I hope one day I could raise one like Maine coon). Just a stray cat type. But I love them all.

Welcome to Pet Talk! Sounds like you will fit right in here.
    I've Been Frosted

Welcome Shane4301... as Karen says, you'll fit right in here.

Cats don't have to be rare and expensive breeds, stray cats are often friendlier and easier to look after - and to breed cats is a bad idea, since there are SO many in shelters who need homes.

Do you have any pictures of yours? Would love to see them.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Welcome to Pet Talk, shane4301! What are your cats' names, and what colors are they?

I've always had "stray cat type" cats, and they are just as precious and delightful as the purebred ones!

Cheers!
    - Pat

Meows!
    - Sparkler
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Welcome to Pet Talk, shane4301! This is a great place to connect with pet people.
    I would love to see some pics of your kitties.
    I have 5 cats, and they are all "mutts". They are all rescues and they are very special to me.
    Willa (5/1/1997-3/17/2018)

Thanks, guys for all of your warm welcome. Kind of a newbie here. Having a trouble to upload the pic here, maybe too large or wrong format I don't know. Will try again

I too have problems uploading pics lately, but if you ask Karen, she will do it for you. Would love to see your kitties.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Yep, maybe I try to reduce the file size, kind of too long to respond, maybe the file is big, but what is the max size? I think the forum is not a facebook, maybe they got a size limit.

I don't think it says anywhere how big the file is allowed be, but years ago it used to be 25 kb. However, it looks like Karen is accepting a bigger size now. If you e-mail the pictures (any size) to her, I'm sure she will post them for you, or tell you exactly how to do it.

Some of us can post pictures, and some can't. I don't know why.

Perhaps cats4ever will tell you how she does it.

When I click on "Manage Attachments", the "File Upload Manager" opens.
    From there, I can choose if I want to upload pictures from my computer or from a website.
    When I took pictures with a digital camera, I almost always had to resize the photos. Otherwise they were too big.
    Since I started taking pictures with my phone, I have not had any problems with the size.
    I hope this helps.

Comfy Mindy says "hello"

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	comfymin.jpg 
Views:	698 
Size:	79.9 KB 
ID:	60921

I tried it but fail (nothing happen), the size is around 900kb, maybe I should reduce more

I think 900kb might be too large. My pics from my phone are all between 20 and 120 kb. This one though, is 515 kb, and it loaded without problems.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	xmon.jpg 
Views:	686 
Size:	515.2 KB 
ID:	60936

Welcome to Pet Talk!!Sorry I didm't notice this post

You sure joined us on a perfect day: 21 of July is m birthday!!!!
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge