Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where is the wierdest place your kitty likes to hang out?!?!

Where is the wierdest place your kitty likes to hang out?!?!

Jupiter loooooves to sit in the tub!!! When I am in the bathroom getting ready for work he always sits in the tub and just sits there like it is the most fun ever.... He will move the shower curtain over and get in .....

and once I caught him sitting in the sink.....

[CENTER]

Alden is here!!
    7/6/2006 - 9 pounds 9 ounces 22 inches

Tinky

At least Jupiter lets you get ready for work. My two hog the sink and if they are not in the bathroom sink you'll find them in the kitchen sink. Total pests.

AWWW
    They look like two little plumber cats....
    [CENTER]

Alden is here!!
    7/6/2006 - 9 pounds 9 ounces 22 inches

Tinky

These pictures are too cute. I've caught Sunny sleeping on top of the toilet before during the night. Storm likes to sleep under my chair on top of my shoes. When Pepper was a kitten he used to like to sleep on top of the litterbox.

That picture of the 2 kitties in the sink is hilarious - they DO look like they're inspecting the plumbing! I can't get my kitty interested in the sink - I tried running the water slowly to fascinate him, but he's AFRAID of it. (He used to be afraid of the toilet for several years, too - he wouldn't even come into the bathroom! Now he can be near the toilet, but if it flushes, he runs out of the room.)

Last winter he developed a fascination with the water hose that runs from the furnace to the floor drain in the basement. He would spend HOURS down there, crouched next to the drain, waiting for when a few drops of water would run through the hose and drip into the drain. The hose is clear, so he would swat at the bubbles running through it first, and then dash over to the floor drain to watch the water drip out. At least we always knew where to find him - This winter he has decided that he wants to sleep in a cupboard in my husband's rec room downstairs. My husband is rather forgetful, so he's locked the kitty in the room a few times when he goes to bed ! If I come home from work late at night and the kitty does not come to greet me, I head downstairs and unlock that door, and sure enough, there he is.
    The legend says that Mohammed adored cats. When one of them was sleeping on his sleeve and he had to go out, Mohammed supposedly cut off the sleeve so as not to disturb his pet.

A righteous man regardeth the life of his beast - Proverbs 12:10

How we behave toward cats here below determines our status in heaven. - Robert A. Heinlein

What greater gift than the love of a cat? ~ Charles Dickens

There is, incidently, no way of talking about cats that enables one to come off as a sane person. - Dan Greenberg

If purring could be encapsulated, it'd be the most powerful anti-depressant on the market. ~Alexis F. Hope

Sinks and tubs have always been popular places for my cats. But when it comes to weird places, how about UNDER the rug? Or better yet (and I do not have photographic proof of this) Standing on a table right next to a lamp with your head up in the shade? Guess it was nice and warm.
    I've also caught them laying IN the bookcase (I guess you're not allowed to have any empty spaces bigger than a cat).
    Or how about sitting on top of the curtain rod? Maybe I can find that picture and have it scanned (but don't hold your breath, it might take a while)

Kylie likes to sit in my Makeup box! But I don't have any pics.
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..

Herc likes to sleep in this cardboard box stored away in my closet. I guess it's becuase it's full of feathers for makeing Cat toys

The garage

~~~Rachel in Alaska
    Mom to "Max, Milo and Pepper Ann" 11.5 month old Teenagers

http://www.pbase.com/alasknmom/kittens/
    updated 10/30/02

Sometimes my cats hide in the sink,the linen closet and open clothes drawers!I just never get cats.

Sara,
    If I had a tub as nice as yours, I would hang out in it too!

Those two cats in the sink is nearly too much! I laughed aloud when I saw it.

As to strange places...hmmmm, Dakky sleeps on the kitchen table, with his head resting on the back of the chair. Tex likes the top of the furnace. Other than that, it really just depends..where ever I don't want them..there they are.

Hmmm.. the weirdest place let me think on that, but I know where the most annoying place Cloey loves to go under, my parent's huge bed that has tons of things under it. It takes me forever to get her out. But the weirdest place I would have to say is in the middle of the street, Midnight just lays there. And then she stands there when cars come. It really scares us.

I'd have to say the sinks in the bathroom,tub, and toilet. Also the entertainment center.
    "Careful what you say, careful what you wish or it may just regret it!"

this isn't my makeup box but here is Kylie hanging out

and this one is ON top of my makeup box, ON top of the dog crate, b/c we were putting carpet in the kitchen and I caught her like this.
    Last edited by shais_mom; 12-30-2002 at 12:43 AM.
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..

Both our cats love to hide in closets ! It is no use calling their names then ; they WON'T move an inch ...!
    Inka loves the closet where my hubby's shirts are hanging up ; she loves to jump and catch sleeves .... ! You will understand that I always chase her OUT OF THERE immediately .... ! A shirt with ripped sleeves , it is no sight ...

see , my innoscent looking kitten ...!
    Attached Images Attached Images